Discrete time representation of stationary and non-stationary continuous time systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robinson, Peter M., 1977. "The construction and estimation of continuous time models and discrete approximations in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 173-197, September.
- Harvey, A. C. & Stock, James H., 1988. "Continuous time autoregressive models with common stochastic trends," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 365-384.
- Bergstrom, A.R., 1984. "Continuous time stochastic models and issues of aggregation over time," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1145-1212 Elsevier.
- J R McCrorie, 1997. "Deriving the Exact Discrete Analog of a Continuous Time System," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 343, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Bergstrom, A. R., 1986. "The Estimation of Open Higher-Order Continuous Time Dynamic Models with Mixed Stock and Flow Data," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 350-373, December.
- Bergstrom, A.R., 1997. "Gaussian Estimation of Mixed-Order Continuous-Time Dynamic Models with Unobservable Stochastic Trends from Mixed Stock and Flow Data," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(04), pages 467-505, August.
- Harvey, A. C. & Stock, James H., 1985. "The Estimation of Higher-Order Continuous Time Autoregressive Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(01), pages 97-117, April.
- Simos, Theodore, 1996.
"Gaussian Estimation of a Continuous Time Dynamic Model with Common Stochastic Trends,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(02), pages 361-373, June.
- SIMOS , Theodore, 1995. "Gaussian Estimation of a Continuous Time Dynamic Model with Common Stochastic Trends," CORE Discussion Papers 1995012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bergstrom, A.R., 1987. "Optimal control in wide-sense stationary continuous-time stochastic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 425-443, September.
- Phillips, P C B, 1991.
"Error Correction and Long-Run Equilibrium in Continuous Time,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 967-980, July.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1988. "Error Correction and Long Run Equilibrium in Continuous Time," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 882R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PHILLIPSHANNAN: RATS procedure to compute Phillips-Hannan Efficient estimator for multivariate regressions," Statistical Software Components RTS00158, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bergstrom, A. R. & Nowman, K. B. & Wandasiewicz, S., 1994. "Monetary and fiscal policy in a second-order continuous time macroeconometric model of the United Kingdom," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(3-4), pages 731-761.
- Johansen, Soren, 1991. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing of Cointegration Vectors in Gaussian Vector Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(6), pages 1551-1580, November.
- Zadrozny, Peter, 1988. "Gaussian Likelihood of Continuous-Time ARMAX Models When Data Are Stocks and Flows at Different Frequencies," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 108-124, April.
- Chambers, MJ, 1998. "Gaussian estimation of temporally aggregated cointegrated systems," Economics Discussion Papers 2763, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Bergstrom, Albert Rex, 1983. "Gaussian Estimation of Structural Parameters in Higher Order Continuous Time Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 117-152, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Theodore Simos, 2008. "The exact discrete model of a system of linear stochastic differential equations driven by fractional noise," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(6), pages 1019-1031, November.
- J. McCrorie, 2002. "The Likelihood of the Parameters of a Continuous Time Vector Autoregressive Model," Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 273-286, October.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2003.
"Temporal Aggregation, Causality Distortions, and a Sign Rule,"
Departmental Working Papers
wp0406, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Gulasekaran Rajaguru, 2004. "Temporal aggregation, causality distortions and a sign rule," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 73, Econometric Society.
- J. Roderick McCrorie, 2000. "The Likelihood of a Continuous-time Vector Autoregressive Model," Working Papers 419, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- repec:eee:dyncon:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:48-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chambers, MJ & McCrorie, JR & Thornton, MA, 2017. "Continuous Time Modelling Based on an Exact Discrete Time Representation," Economics Discussion Papers 20497, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Jewitt, Giles & Roderick McCrorie, J., 2005. "Computing estimates of continuous time macroeconometric models on the basis of discrete data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 397-416, April.
- Chen, Baoline & Zadrozny, Peter A., 2001. "Analytic derivatives of the matrix exponential for estimation of linear continuous-time models1," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(12), pages 1867-1879, December.
- Michael A. Thornton & Marcus J. Chambers, 2013. "Temporal aggregation in macroeconomics," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Macroeconomics, chapter 13, pages 289-310 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chambers, M.J. & McCrorie, J.R., 2004. "Frequency Domain Gaussian Estimation of Temporally Aggregated Cointegrated Systems," Discussion Paper 2004-40, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Arie ten Cate, 2004. "Refinement of the partial adjustment model using continuous-time econometrics," CPB Discussion Paper 41, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Thornton, Michael A. & Chambers, Marcus J., 2017.
"Continuous time ARMA processes: Discrete time representation and likelihood evaluation,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 48-65.
- Michael Thornton & Marcus Chambers, 2016. "Continuous Time ARMA Processes: Discrete Time Representation and Likelihood Evaluation," Discussion Papers 16/10, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Chambers, Marcus J. & Roderick McCrorie, J., 2007. "Frequency domain estimation of temporally aggregated Gaussian cointegrated systems," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Michael A. Thornton & Marcus J. Chambers, 2013. "Continuous-time autoregressive moving average processes in discrete time: representation and embeddability," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(5), pages 552-561, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:23:y:1999:i:4:p:619-639. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.