The hazards of piecemeal reform: british civil courts and the credit market in colonial India
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1998.
"Moneylenders and bankers: price-increasing subsidies in a monopolistically competitive market,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 485-518, April.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1997. "Moneylenders and bankers: price-increasing subsidies in a monopolistically competitive market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 429-462, April.
- Cohn, Bernard S., 1961. "From Indian Status to British Contract," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(04), pages 613-628, December.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1984. "Implicit Interest Rates, Usury and Isolation in Backward Agriculture," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 145-59, June.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-443.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:58:y:1999:i:1:p:1-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.