Rent seeking and economic growth : A theoretical model and some empirical evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martín Rama, 1994. "Endogenous Trade Policy: A Time-Series Approach," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 215-232, November.
- Bezemer, Dirk & Dulleck, Uwe & Frijters, Paul, 2005. "Social Capital, Creative Destruction and Economic Development," Research Report 05C09, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Sobel, Andrew C., 2002. "State institutions, risk, and lending in global capital markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 725-752, December.
- Alberto Chong & Luisa Zanforlin, 2004.
"Inward-Looking Policies, Institutions, Autocrats, and Economic Growth in Latin America: An Empirical Exploration,"
Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 335-361, February.
- Alberto Chong & Luisa Zanforlin, 2001. "Inward-Looking Policies, Institutions, Autocrats, and Economic Growth in Latin America: An Empirical Exploration," Research Department Publications 4255, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Luisa Zanforlin & Alberto E. Chong, 2001. "Inward-Looking Policies, Institutions, Autocrats, and Economic Growth in Latin America: An Empirical Exploration," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6097, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Iqbal, Nasir & Daly, Vince, 2014.
"Rent seeking opportunities and economic growth in transitional economies,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 16-22.
- Nasir Iqbal & Vince Daly, 2013. "Rent Seeking Opportunities and Economic Growth in Transitional Economies," PIDE-Working Papers 2013:87, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Alberto Chong & Luisa Zanforlin, 2001. "Políticas de orientación interna, instituciones, autócratas y crecimiento económico en América Latina: un análisis empírico," Research Department Publications 4256, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Cesar Calderon & Alberto Chong, 2006.
"Do Democracies Breed Rent-seeking Behavior?,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 247-260.
- César Calderón & Alberto E. Chong, 2005. "Do Democracies Breed Rent-Seeking Behavior?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1557, Inter-American Development Bank.
- César Calderón & Alberto Chong, 2005. "Do Democracies Breed Rent-Seeking Behavior?," Research Department Publications 4415, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Mohtadi, Hamid & Roe, Terry L., 2003.
"Democracy, rent seeking, public spending and growth,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(3-4), pages 445-466, March.
- Mohtadi, Hamid & Roe, Terry L., 2001. "Democracy, Rent Seeking, Public Spending And Growth," Bulletins 12981, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Rama, Martin, 1993. "Rent - seeking trade policy : a time series approach," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1142, The World Bank.
- Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck & Paul Frijters, 2003.
"Contacts, Social Capital and Market Institutions - A Theory of Development,"
Vienna Economics Papers
0311, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Paul Frijters & Dirk Bezemer & Uwe Dulleck, 2005. "Contacts, Social Capital and Market Institutions - A Theory of Development," Paul Frijters Discussion Papers 2005-1, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Sobel, Andrew C., 2003. "National governance and global lending," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 287-304.
- Mohtadi, Hamid & Roe, Terry L., 1997. "Democracy, rent seeking, and growth: Is there a U curve?," Bulletins 7485, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Knack, Stephen & Keefer, Philip, 1995. "Institutions and Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Indicators," MPRA Paper 23118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arye Hillman, 2007. "Economic and security consequences of supreme values," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 259-280, June.
- repec:dgr:rugsom:05c09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johannes Fedderke, 2001. "Growth and institutions," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(6), pages 645-670.
- Gabriel Sánchez, 1998. "Lobbying, innovation and protectionist cycles," Economics Working Papers 272, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:42:y:1993:i:1:p:35-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.