A new variable selection approach using Random Forests
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Strobl, Carolin & Boulesteix, Anne-Laure & Augustin, Thomas, 2007. "Unbiased split selection for classification trees based on the Gini Index," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 483-501, September.
- Archer, Kellie J. & Kimes, Ryan V., 2008. "Empirical characterization of random forest variable importance measures," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 2249-2260, January.
- van Wieringen, Wessel N. & Kun, David & Hampel, Regina & Boulesteix, Anne-Laure, 2009. "Survival prediction using gene expression data: A review and comparison," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 1590-1603, March.
- Willi Sauerbrei, 1999. "The Use of Resampling Methods to Simplify Regression Models in Medical Statistics," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 48(3), pages 313-329.
- Harrison, David Jr. & Rubinfeld, Daniel L., 1978. "Hedonic housing prices and the demand for clean air," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 81-102, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:76:y:2018:i:c:p:228-256 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fellinghauer, Bernd & Bühlmann, Peter & Ryffel, Martin & von Rhein, Michael & Reinhardt, Jan D., 2013. "Stable graphical model estimation with Random Forests for discrete, continuous, and mixed variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 132-152.
- Ingrida Vaiciulyte & Zivile Kalsyte & Leonidas Sakalauskas & Darius Plikynas, 2017. "Assessment of market reaction on the share performance on the basis of its visualization in 2D space," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 309-318, March.
- Hapfelmeier, A. & Ulm, K., 2014. "Variable selection by Random Forests using data with missing values," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 129-139.
- Edward Gage & David Cooper, 2015. "The Influence of Land Cover, Vertical Structure, and Socioeconomic Factors on Outdoor Water Use in a Western US City," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(10), pages 3877-3890, August.
- repec:spr:advdac:v:12:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11634-016-0276-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRandom Forests; Variable selection; Permutation tests; Multiple testing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:60:y:2013:i:c:p:50-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.