An unscented Kalman smoother for volatility extraction: Evidence from stock prices and options
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McCausland, William J. & Miller, Shirley & Pelletier, Denis, 2011. "Simulation smoothing for state-space models: A computational efficiency analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 199-212, January.
- Pedersen, M.W. & Thygesen, U.H. & Madsen, H., 2011. "Nonlinear tracking in a diffusion process with a Bayesian filter and the finite element method," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 280-290, January.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carr, Peter & Wu, Liuren, 2004. "Time-changed Levy processes and option pricing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 113-141, January.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Hull, John C & White, Alan D, 1987. " The Pricing of Options on Assets with Stochastic Volatilities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 281-300, June.
- Shephard, Neil (ed.), 2005. "Stochastic Volatility: Selected Readings," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199257201, June.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Christoffersen & Christian Dorion & Kris Jacobs & Lotfi Karoui, 2014.
"Nonlinear Kalman Filtering in Affine Term Structure Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 60(9), pages 2248-2268, September.
- Peter Christoffersen & Christian Dorion & Kris Jacobs & Lotfi Karoui, 2012. "Nonlinear Kalman Filtering in Affine Term Structure Models," CREATES Research Papers 2012-49, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Peter Christoffersen & Christian Dorion & Kris Jacobs & Lotfi Karoui, 2014. "Nonlinear Kalman Filtering in Affine Term Structure Models," Cahiers de recherche 1404, CIRPEE.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:142:y:2015:i:c:p:212-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Si & Zhou, Zhen & Li, Shenghong, 2016. "An efficient estimate and forecast of the implied volatility surface: A nonlinear Kalman filter approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 655-664.
- Skaug, Hans J. & Yu, Jun, 2014. "A flexible and automated likelihood based framework for inference in stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 642-654.
- Eddelbuettel, Dirk & Sanderson, Conrad, 2014. "RcppArmadillo: Accelerating R with high-performance C++ linear algebra," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 1054-1063.
- Boudreault, Mathieu & Gauthier, Geneviève & Thomassin, Tommy, 2015. "Estimation of correlations in portfolio credit risk models based on noisy security prices," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 334-349.
- repec:eee:reensy:v:132:y:2014:i:c:p:176-185 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNonlinear Gaussian state-space models; Nonlinear Kalman filters; Unscented Kalman smoother; Heston stochastic volatility model; Option pricing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:58:y:2013:i:c:p:15-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.