An illustration of Cox's non-nested testing procedure for logit and probit models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1996.
"The Size and Power of Bootstrap Tests,"
Queen's Economics Department Working Papers
273343, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Davidson, R. & Mackinnon, J.G., 1996. "The Size and Power of Bootstrap Tests," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a03, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1996. "The Size and Power of Bootstrap Tests," Working Papers 932, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Mackinnon, J-G, 1997. "The Size and Power of Bootstrap Tests," ASSET - Instituto De Economia Publica 153, ASSET (Association of Southern European Economic Theorists).
- M. H. Pesaran, 1974. "On the General Problem of Model Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 153-171.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David, 1994.
"Alternative Computational Approaches to Inference in the Multinomial Probit Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 609-632, November.
- John F. Geweke & Michael P. Keane & David E. Runkle, 1994. "Alternative computational approaches to inference in the multinomial probit model," Staff Report 170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hashem Pesaran, M. & Pesaran, Bahram, 1993.
"A simulation approach to the problem of computing Cox's statistic for testing nonnested models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 377-392.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Pasaran, B., 1989. "A Simulation Approach To The Problem Of Computing Cox'S Statistic For Testing Non-Nested Models," Papers 7, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1983. "Testing nested or non-nested hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 83-115, January.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1996. "The Power of Bootstrap Tests," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 273372, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Morimune, Kimio, 1979. "Comparisons of Normal and Logistic Models in the Bivariate Dichotomous Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 957-975, July.
- Pesaran, M H & Deaton, Angus S, 1978. "Testing Non-Nested Nonlinear Regression Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 677-694, May.
- Gwyn Aneuryn-Evans & Angus Deaton, 1980. "Testing Linear versus Logarithmic Regression Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 275-291.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Regularity conditions for cox's test of non-nested hypotheses," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 301-318, August.
- James G. MacKinnon, 1983. "Model Specification Tests Against Non-Nested Alternatives," Working Papers 573, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiara Monfardini & Joao Santos Silva, 2008.
"What can we learn about correlations from multinomial probit estimates?,"
AccessEcon, vol. 3(28), pages 1-9.
- C. Monfardini & J.M.C. Santos Silva, 2006. "What can we learn about correlations from multinomial probit estimates?," Working Papers 558, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- M. T. Aparicio & I. Villanúa, 2012. "Selection criteria for overlapping binary Models," Documentos de Trabajo dt2012-01, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:42:y:2003:i:3:p:425-444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.