Principles and Methods in the Testing of Alternative Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gordon Fisher & Michael McAleer, 1980. "Principles and Methods in the Testing of Alternative Models," Working Paper 400, Economics Department, Queen's University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pesaran, M H & Deaton, Angus S, 1978. "Testing Non-Nested Nonlinear Regression Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 677-694, May.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-793, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Paper 378, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 275156, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- M. H. Pesaran, 1974. "On the General Problem of Model Selection," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 153-171.
- Kloek, T, 1975. "Note on a Large-Sample Result in Specification Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 933-936, Sept.-Nov.
- T. S. Breusch & A. R. Pagan, 1980.
"The Lagrange Multiplier Test and its Applications to Model Specification in Econometrics,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 239-253.
- Breusch, T.S. & Pagan, A.R., 1980. "The Lagrange multiplier test and its applications to model specification in econometrics," LIDAM Reprints CORE 412, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-1271, November.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Working papers 185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Giles, D E A & Smith, R G, 1977. "A Note on the Minimum Error Variance Rule and the Restricted Regression Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(1), pages 247-251, February.
- Quandt, Richard E, 1974. "A Comparison of Methods for Testing Nonnested Hypotheses," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(1), pages 92-99, February.
- Morgan, Alison & Vandaele, Waiter, 1974. "On testing hypothesis in simultaneous equation models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 55-65, May.
- McAleer, Michael, 1980. "The minimum error variance rule for non-linear regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 17-21.
- Schmidt, Peter, 1974. "A Note on Theil's Minimum Standard Error Criterion when the Disturbances are Autocorrelated," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(1), pages 122-123, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gordon Fisher & Allan W. Gregory & Michael McAleer, 1980.
"Two Papers on Linear Models,"
411, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Fisher, Gordon & Gregory, Allan W. & McAleer, Michael, 1980. "Two Papers on Linear Models," Queen's Institute for Economic Research Discussion Papers 275178, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luc Anselin, 1988. "Model Validation in Spatial Econometrics: A Review and Evaluation of Alternative Approaches," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 11(3), pages 279-316, December.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1992. "Model Specification Tests and Artificial Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 102-146, March.
- Adrian C. Darnell, 1994. "A Dictionary Of Econometrics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 118.
- Mizon, Grayham E & Richard, Jean-Francois, 1986. "The Encompassing Principle and Its Application to Testing Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(3), pages 657-678, May.
- McAleer, Michael, 1994. "Sherlock Holmes and the Search for Truth: A Diagnostic Tale," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 317-370, December.
- Bierens, H.J., 1987. "Tests for model misspecification," Serie Research Memoranda 0022, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Yock Y. Chong & David F. Hendry, 1986. "Econometric Evaluation of Linear Macro-Economic Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 671-690.
- repec:rri:wpaper:201303 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silva João M. C. Santos & Tenreyro Silvana & Windmeijer Frank, 2015.
"Testing Competing Models for Non-negative Data with Many Zeros,"
Journal of Econometric Methods, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Silva, João M. C. Santos & Tenreyro, Silvana & Windmeijer, Frank, 2015. "Testing competing models for non-negative data with many zeros," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63663, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bratsiotis, George J. & Robinson, Wayne A., 2016.
"Unit Total Costs: An Alternative Marginal Cost Proxy for Inflation Dynamics,"
EconStor Open Access Articles and Book Chapters, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1826-1849.
- Bratsiotis, George J. & Robinson, Wayne A., 2016. "Unit Total Costs: An Alternative Marginal Cost Proxy For Inflation Dynamics," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(7), pages 1826-1849, October.
- George J. Bratsiotis & Wayne A. Robinson, 2014. "Unit Total Costs: An Alternative Marginal Cost Proxy for Inflation Dynamics," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 192, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Geweke, J. & Joel Horowitz & Pesaran, M.H., 2006.
"Econometrics: A Bird’s Eye View,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0655, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Geweke, John F. & Horowitz, Joel L. & Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2006. "Econometrics: A Bird's Eye View," IZA Discussion Papers 2458, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- John Geweke & Joel Horowitz & M. Hashem Pesaran, 2006. "Econometrics: A Bird’s Eye View," CESifo Working Paper Series 1870, CESifo.
- McAleer, Michael, 1995. "The significance of testing empirical non-nested models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 149-171, May.
- Maalaoui Chun, Olfa & Dionne, Georges & François, Pascal, 2014.
"Credit spread changes within switching regimes,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 41-55.
- Olfa Maalaoui & Georges Dionne & Pascal François, 2009. "Credit Spread Changes within Switching Regimes," Cahiers de recherche 0905, CIRPEE.
- Monfardini, Chiara, 2003. "An illustration of Cox's non-nested testing procedure for logit and probit models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 425-444, March.
- Masahiro Kato & Hikaru Kawarazaki, 2019. "Model Specification Test with Unlabeled Data: Approach from Covariate Shift," Papers 1911.00688, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2020.
- Massimiliano Marcellino, "undated". "Further Results on MSFE Encompassing," Working Papers 143, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Hafiz Akhand, 1998.
"On income tax functions: an application of robust, regression-based diagnostics to models of conditional means,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(5), pages 317-320.
- Akhand, H.A., 1996. "On Income Tax Functions: An Application of Robust, Regression-Based Diagnostics to Models of Conditional Means," Papers 66, Regina - Department of Economics.
- Bouman, J., 1984. "Testing Nonnested Linear Hypotheses I : Reduction By Invariance Considerations," Econometric Institute Archives 272284, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Gianfranco Piras, 2013. "A J-Test for Panel Models with Fixed Effects, Spatial and Time," Working Papers Working Paper 2013-03, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Lyon, Charles C. & Thompson, Gary D., 1991. "Model Selection With Temporal And Spatial Aggregation: Alternative Marketing Margin Models," Staff Papers 13253, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Debarsy, Nicolas & Ertur, Cem, 2019. "Interaction matrix selection in spatial autoregressive models with an application to growth theory," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 49-69.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Economics; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:queddp:275167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.