An examination of the influence of surprise on judges and jurors’ outcome effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark, Melvin M. & Mellor, Steven, 1994. ""We Don't Expect It Happened": On Mazursky and Ofir's (1990) Purported Reversal of the Hindsight Bias," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 247-252, February.
- Carcello, Jv & Palmrose, Zv, 1994. "Auditor Litigation And Modified Reporting On Bankrupt Clients," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32, pages 1-30.
- Kelman, Mark & Fallas, David E & Folger, Hilary, 1998. "Decomposing Hindsight Bias," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 251-269, July-Aug..
- Mazursky, David & Ofir, Chezy, 1990. ""I could never have expected it to happen": The reversal of the hindsight bias," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 20-33, June.
- Palmrose, Zoe-Vonna, 1997. "Audit litigation research: Do the merits matter? An assessment and directions for future research," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 355-378.
- Ofir, Chezy & Mazursky, David, 1997. "Does a Surprising Outcome Reinforce or Reverse the Hindsight Bias?," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 50-57, January.
- Anderson, John C. & Lowe, D. Jordan & Reckers, Philip M. J., 1993. "Evaluation of auditor decisions: Hindsight bias effects and the expectation gap," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 711-737, December.
- Louie, Therese A., 2005. "Hindsight bias and outcome-consistent thoughts when observing and making service provider decisions," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 88-95, September.
- Jennings, Marianne M. & Lowe, D. Jordan & Reckers, Philip M. J., 1998. "Causality as an influence on hindsight bias: An empirical examination of judges' evaluation of professional audit judgment," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 143-167.
- Reimers, Jane L. & Butler, Stephen A., 1992. "The effect of outcome knowledge on auditors' judgmental evaluations," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 185-194, February.
- Bryan Cloyd, C. & Frederickson, James R. & Hill, John W., 1996. "Motivating factors in lawsuits against independent auditors: Experimental evidence on the importance of causality," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 185-218.
- Palmrose, Zv, 1991. "Trials Of Legal Disputes Involving Independent Auditors - Some Empirical-Evidence," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29, pages 149-185.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mertins, Lasse & Salbador, Debra & Long, James H., 2013. "The outcome effect â€“ A review and implications for future research," Journal of Accounting Literature, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 2-30.
More about this item
KeywordsAuditor liability; Causality; Outcome effects; Outcome surprise;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:crpeac:v:19:y:2008:i:7:p:1020-1033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/critical-perspectives-on-accounting/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.