State takeover legislation and share values: The wealth effects of Pennsylvania's Act 36
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malatesta, Paul H. & Walkling, Ralph A., 1988. "Poison pill securities : Stockholder wealth, profitability, and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 347-376, January.
- Malatesta, Paul H., 1986. "Measuring Abnormal Performance: The Event Parameter Approach Using Joint Generalized Least Squares," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 27-38, March.
- John J. Binder, 1985. "Measuring the Effects of Regulation with Stock Price Data," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 167-183, Summer.
- Binder, John J, 1988. "The Sherman Antitrust Act and the Railroad Cartels," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 443-468, October.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Malatesta, Paul H., 1989. "The wealth effects of second-generation state takeover legislation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 291-322, December.
- Salinger, Michael, 1992. "Standard Errors in Event Studies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 39-53, March.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chad Leechor, 1999. "Reviving the Market for Corporate Control," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11463, The World Bank.
- Danielson, Morris G. & Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1998. "On the uses of corporate governance provisions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 347-371, December.
- Becker-Blease, John R., 2011. "Governance and innovation," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 947-958, September.
- Goergen, Marc & Renneboog, Luc, 2008.
"Contractual corporate governance,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 166-182, June.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2008. "Contractual Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2008-41, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2008. "Contractual Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2008-015, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Francis, Bill B. & Hasan, Iftekhar & John, Kose & Waisman, Maya, 2010. "The effect of state antitakeover laws on the firm's bondholders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 127-154, April.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L. & Kim, Chang-Soo & Novaes, Walter, 2010. "Anatomy of a regulatory race to the top: Changes in delisting rules at Korea's two stock exchanges, 1999-2002," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 456-468, September.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L. & Higgins, Robert C. & Simin, Timothy T., 2005. "Can event study methods solve the currency exposure puzzle?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 119-144, March.
- Waisman, Maya, 2013. "Product market competition and the cost of bank loans: Evidence from state antitakeover laws," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4721-4737.
- Wald, John K. & Long, Michael S., 2007. "The effect of state laws on capital structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 297-319, February.
- Zhang, Yue, 2015. "The securitization of gold and its potential impact on gold stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 309-326.
- Wang, Ying & Lahr, Henry, 2017.
"Takeover law to protect shareholders: Increasing efficiency or merely redistributing gains?,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 288-315.
- Ying Wang & Henry Lahr, 2016. "Takeover Law to Protect Shareholders: Increasing Efficiency or Merely Redistributing Gains?," Working Papers wp486, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Bradbury, Michael E. & Mak, Y. T., 2000. "Ownership structure, board composition and the adoption of charter takeover procedures," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 165-188, July.
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:124:y:2017:i:3:p:464-485 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bruce G. Carruthers & Naomi R. Lamoreaux, 2016. "Regulatory Races: The Effects of Jurisdictional Competition on Regulatory Standards," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(1), pages 52-97, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:corfin:v:1:y:1995:i:3-4:p:367-382. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcorpfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.