The state of competition of the Chinese banking industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shaffer, Sherrill & DiSalvo, James, 1994. "Conduct in a banking duopoly," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 1063-1082, December.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Davis, E. Philip, 2000. "Competition, contestability and market structure in European banking sectors on the eve of EMU," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1045-1066, June.
- Molyneux, Phil & Lloyd-Williams, D. M. & Thornton, John, 1994. "Competitive conditions in european banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 445-459, May.
- Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2004.
"What drives bank competition? Some international evidence,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 563-592.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2004. "What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 563-583, June.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2003. "What drives bank competition? some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3113, The World Bank.
- Gelos, R. G. & Roldos, Jorge, 2004.
"Consolidation and market structure in emerging market banking systems,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 39-59, March.
- R. G Gelos & Jorge Roldos, 2002. "Consolidation and Market Structure in Emerging Market Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 02/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 1993. "A Test of Competition in Canadian Banking," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 49-61, February.
- Molyneux, Philip & Thornton, John & Michael Llyod-Williams, D., 1996. "Competition and market contestability in Japanese commercial banking," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 33-45, February.
- Bikker, Jacob A. & Haaf, Katharina, 2002.
"Competition, concentration and their relationship: An empirical analysis of the banking industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2191-2214, November.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2000. "Competition, concentration and their relationship: an empirical analysis of the banking industry," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 30, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2001. "Competition, Concentration and their Relationship: an EmpiricalAnalysis of the Banking Industry," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 68, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Alli Nathan & Edwin H. Neave, 1989. "Competition and Contestability in Canada's Financial System: Empirical Results," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 22(3), pages 576-594, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2013.
"Is bank competition detrimental to efficiency? Evidence from China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 121-134.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2012. "Is bank competition detrimental to efficiency? : Evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 31/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Ronald Kumar & Arvind Patel, 2014. "Exploring competitiveness in banking sector of a small island economy: a study of Fiji," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(6), pages 3169-3183, November.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Fazio, Dimas M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2012.
"The relationship between banking market competition and risk-taking: Do size and capitalization matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3366-3381.
- Benjamin M. Tabak & Dimas M. Fazio & Daniel O. Cajueiro, 2011. "The Relationship Between Banking Market Competition and Risk-taking: Do Size and Capitalization Matter?," Working Papers Series 261, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri & Sufian, Fadzlan, 2007. "Market Structure and Competition in Emerging Market: Evidence from Malaysian Islamic Banking Industry," MPRA Paper 12126, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jul 2007.
- Olivero, María Pía & Li, Yuan & Jeon, Bang Nam, 2011. "Competition in banking and the lending channel: Evidence from bank-level data in Asia and Latin America," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 560-571, March.
- Turk-Ariss, Rima, 2009. "Competitive behavior in Middle East and North Africa banking systems," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 693-710, May.
- Gunji, Hiroshi & Yuan, Yuan, 2010. "Bank profitability and the bank lending channel: Evidence from China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 129-141, April.
- Mahathanaseth, Itthipong & Tauer, Loren W., 2012. "Market-power versus cost-efficiency in Thailand's banking sector in the post-crisis period (1998–2011)," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 499-506.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2012.
"Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 291-313.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2009. "Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 19/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Chun-Yu Ho, 2009. "Market Structure, Welfare, and Banking Reform in China," Working Papers 302009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:eee:glofin:v:35:y:2018:i:c:p:223-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rezitis, Anthony N., 2010. "Evaluating the state of competition of the Greek banking industry," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 68-90, February.
- Bing Xu & Adrian Van Rixtel & Michiel Van Leuvensteijn, 2013.
"Measuring bank competition in China: a comparison of new versus conventional approaches applied to loan markets,"
BIS Working Papers
422, Bank for International Settlements.
- Bing Xu & Adrian van Rixtel & Michiel van Leuvensteijn, 2014. "Measuring bank competition in China: A comparison of new versus conventional approaches applied to loan markets," Working Papers 1404, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Chen, Sheng-Hung & Liao, Chien-Chang, 2011. "Are foreign banks more profitable than domestic banks? Home- and host-country effects of banking market structure, governance, and supervision," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 819-839, April.
- Muhamed Majid & Fadzlan Sufian, 2006. "Consolidation and Competition in Emerging Market: An Empirical Test for Malaysian Banking Industry," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 105-124, June.
- Bana Abuzayed & Nedal Al-Fayoumi & Hisham Gharaibeh, 2012. "Competition in MENA countries banking markets," International Journal of Financial Services Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(3), pages 272-301.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:17:y:2006:i:3:p:519-534. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.