Modeling of a solar powered absorption cycle for Abu Dhabi
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Al-Homoud, A.A. & Suri, R.K. & Al-Roumi, Raed & Maheshwari, G.P., 1996. "Experiences with solar cooling systems in Kuwait," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 664-669.
- Al-Iriani, Mahmoud A., 2005. "Climate-related electricity demand-side management in oil-exporting countries--the case of the United Arab Emirates," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(18), pages 2350-2360, December.
- Gebreslassie, Berhane H. & Guillén-Gosálbez, Gonzalo & Jiménez, Laureano & Boer, Dieter, 2009. "Design of environmentally conscious absorption cooling systems via multi-objective optimization and life cycle assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(9), pages 1712-1722, September.
- Sharaf, A.M & AboulNaga, M.M & El Diasty, R, 2000. "Building-integrated solar photovoltaic systems—a hybrid solar cooled ventilation technique for hot climate applications," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 91-96.
- El-Nashar, Ali M. & Samad, M., 1998. "The solar desalination plant in Abu Dhabi: 13 years of performance and operation history," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 263-274.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohan, Gowtham & Kumar, Uday & Pokhrel, Manoj Kumar & Martin, Andrew, 2016. "A novel solar thermal polygeneration system for sustainable production of cooling, clean water and domestic hot water in United Arab Emirates: Dynamic simulation and economic evaluation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 173-188.
- Tempesti, Duccio & Fiaschi, Daniele, 2013. "Thermo-economic assessment of a micro CHP system fuelled by geothermal and solar energy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 45-51.
- Jayasekara, Saliya & Halgamuge, Saman K., 2014. "A combined effect absorption chiller for enhanced performance of combined cooling heating and power systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 239-248.
- Allouche, Yosr & Varga, Szabolcs & Bouden, Chiheb & Oliveira, Armando C., 2017. "Dynamic simulation of an integrated solar-driven ejector based air conditioning system with PCM cold storage," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 600-611.
- Gowtham Mohan & Sujata Dahal & Uday Kumar & Andrew Martin & Hamid Kayal, 2014. "Development of Natural Gas Fired Combined Cycle Plant for Tri-Generation of Power, Cooling and Clean Water Using Waste Heat Recovery: Techno-Economic Analysis," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(10), pages 1-24, October.
- Jayasekara, Saliya & Halgamuge, Saman K., 2013. "Mathematical modeling and experimental verification of an absorption chiller including three dimensional temperature and concentration distributions," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 232-242.
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:2321-2336 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Jun W. & Biggs, Mark J. & Pendleton, Philip & Badalyan, Alexander & Hu, Eric J., 2012. "Experimental implementation and validation of thermodynamic cycles of adsorption-based desalination," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 190-197.
- Chen, Guansheng & Liu, Chongchong & Li, Nanshuo & Li, Feng, 2017. "A study on heat absorbing and vapor generating characteristics of H2O/LiBr mixture in an evacuated tube," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 185(P1), pages 294-299.
- Mokri, Alaeddine & Aal Ali, Mona & Emziane, Mahieddine, 2013. "Solar energy in the United Arab Emirates: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 340-375.
- repec:eee:renene:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:126-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Al-Ugla, A.A. & El-Shaarawi, M.A.I. & Said, S.A.M. & Al-Qutub, A.M., 2016. "Techno-economic analysis of solar-assisted air-conditioning systems for commercial buildings in Saudi Arabia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1301-1310.
- repec:eee:renene:v:113:y:2017:i:c:p:907-914 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:728-742 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:1555-1568 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shirazi, Ali & Taylor, Robert A. & White, Stephen D. & Morrison, Graham L., 2016. "Transient simulation and parametric study of solar-assisted heating and cooling absorption systems: An energetic, economic and environmental (3E) assessment," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 955-971.
- Uday Kumar, N.T. & Mohan, Gowtham & Martin, Andrew, 2016. "Performance analysis of solar cogeneration system with different integration strategies for potable water and domestic hot water production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 466-475.
- Mohan, Gowtham & Uday Kumar, N.T. & Pokhrel, Manoj Kumar & Martin, Andrew, 2016. "Experimental investigation of a novel solar thermal polygeneration plant in United Arab Emirates," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 361-373.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:191-:d:126897 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:renene:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:3-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:105-137 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAmmonia–water absorption chiller; Evacuated tubes; UAE; TRNSYS;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:93:y:2012:i:c:p:160-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.