Will agglomeration improve the energy efficiency in China’s textile industry: Evidence and policy implications
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Bruce E., 1999.
"Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing, and inference,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 345-368, December.
- Bruce E. Hansen, 1997. "Threshold effects in non-dynamic panels: Estimation, testing and inference," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 365, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Ito, Banri & Xu, Zhaoyuan & Yashiro, Naomitsu, 2015.
"Does agglomeration promote internationalization of Chinese firms?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 109-121.
- ITO Banri & XU Zhaoyuan & YASHIRO Naomitsu, 2013. "Does Agglomeration Promote the Internationalization of Chinese Firms?," Discussion papers 13081, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Badi H. Baltagi & Long Liu, 2014. "Random Effects, Fixed Effects and Hausman’s Test for the Generalized Mixed Regressive Spatial Autoregressive Panel," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 174, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Li, Ke & Lin, Boqiang, 2017. "Economic growth model, structural transformation, and green productivity in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 489-500.
- Brülhart, Marius & Sbergami, Federica, 2009.
"Agglomeration and growth: Cross-country evidence,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 48-63, January.
- Brülhart, Marius & Sbergami, Federica, 2008. "Agglomeration and Growth: Cross-Country Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 6941, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marius BRÜLHART & Federica SBERGAMI, 2008. "Agglomeration and Growth : Cross-Country Evidence," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 08.04, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Ciccone, Antonio & Hall, Robert E, 1996.
"Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 54-70, March.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1993. "Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 4313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1995. "Productivity and the density of economic activity," Economics Working Papers 120, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ning, Lutao & Wang, Fan & Li, Jian, 2016. "Urban innovation, regional externalities of foreign direct investment and industrial agglomeration: Evidence from Chinese cities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 830-843.
- Farrow, Katherine & Grolleau, Gilles & Mzoughi, Naoufel, 2018.
"Less is more in energy conservation and efficiency messaging,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 1-6.
- Katherine Farrow & Gilles Grolleau & Naoufel Mzoughi, 2018. "Less is more in energy conservation and efficiency messaging," Post-Print hal-01992421, HAL.
- Ouyang, Xiaoling & Gao, Beiying & Du, Kerui & Du, Gang, 2018. "Industrial sectors' energy rebound effect: An empirical study of Yangtze River Delta urban agglomeration," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 408-416.
- Lin, Boqiang & Li, Jianglong, 2014. "The rebound effect for heavy industry: Empirical evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 589-599.
- Arup Mitra & Hajime Sato, 2007. "Agglomeration Economies In Japan: Technical Efficiency, Growth And Unemployment," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 197-209, November.
- Hiroki Kondo, 2016. "Family Decision of Investment in Human Capital and Migration in a Model of Spatial Agglomeration," Working Papers 151606, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Zheng, Saina & Lam, Chor-Man & Hsu, Shu-Chien & Ren, Jingzheng, 2018. "Evaluating efficiency of energy conservation measures in energy service companies in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 580-591.
- Du, Huibin & Matisoff, Daniel C. & Wang, Yangyang & Liu, Xi, 2016. "Understanding drivers of energy efficiency changes in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1196-1206.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Turton, Hal & Casten, Tom, 2007. "Energy efficiency, sustainability and economic growth," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 634-648.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Wang, Shih-Chuan, 2006. "Total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3206-3217, November.
- Lin, Hui-Lin & Li, Hsiao-Yun & Yang, Chih-Hai, 2011. "Agglomeration and productivity: Firm-level evidence from China's textile industry," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 313-329, September.
- Hu, Cui & Xu, Zhaoyuan & Yashiro, Naomitsu, 2015. "Agglomeration and productivity in China: Firm level evidence," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 50-66.
- Lin, Boqiang & Zhang, Li & Wu, Ya, 2012. "Evaluation of electricity saving potential in China's chemical industry based on cointegration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 320-330.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dong Feng & Jian Li & Xintao Li & Zaisheng Zhang, 2019. "The Effects of Urban Sprawl and Industrial Agglomeration on Environmental Efficiency: Evidence from the Beijing–Tianjin–Hebei Urban Agglomeration," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-12, May.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial agglomeration; Energy efficiency; Threshold effect;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:237:y:2019:i:c:p:326-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.