Modeling sustainable long-term electricity supply-demand in Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timmerman, Jonas & Vandevelde, Lieven & Van Eetvelde, Greet, 2014. "Towards low carbon business park energy systems: Classification of techno-economic energy models," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 68-80.
- Hall, Lisa M.H. & Buckley, Alastair R., 2016. "A review of energy systems models in the UK: Prevalent usage and categorisation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 607-628.
- Andrea Herbst & Felipe Andrés Toro & Felix Reitze & Eberhard Jochem, 2012. "Introduction to Energy Systems Modelling," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 148(II), pages 111-135, June.
- Rosnes, Orvika & Vennemo, Haakon, 2012. "The cost of providing electricity to Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1318-1328.
- Anton Eberhard & Orvika Rosnes & Maria Shkaratan & Haakon Vennemo, 2011. "Africa's Power Infrastructure : Investment, Integration, Efficiency," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2290, January.
- Howells, M. I. & Alfstad, T. & Victor, D. G. & Goldstein, G. & Remme, U., 2005. "A model of household energy services in a low-income rural African village," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1833-1851, September.
- Gnansounou, Edgard & Bayem, Herman & Bednyagin, Denis & Dong, Jun, 2007. "Strategies for regional integration of electricity supply in West Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4142-4153, August.
- Shukla, P. R., 1995. "Greenhouse gas models and abatement costs for developing nations : A critical assessment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 677-687, August.
- Chakravarty, Shoibal & Tavoni, Massimo, 2013.
"Energy poverty alleviation and climate change mitigation: Is there a trade off?,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(S1), pages 67-73.
- Chakravarty, Shoibal & Tavoni, Massimo, 2013. "Energy Poverty Alleviation and Climate Change Mitigation: Is There a Trade off?," Climate Change and Sustainable Development 148897, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Shoibal Chakravarty & Massimo Tavoni, 2013. "Energy Poverty Alleviation and Climate Change Mitigation: is There a Trade off?," Working Papers 2013.25, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ouedraogo, Nadia S., 2013. "Energy consumption and human development: Evidence from a panel cointegration and error correction model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 28-41.
- McPherson, Madeleine & Karney, Bryan, 2014. "Long-term scenario alternatives and their implications: LEAP model application of Panama׳s electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 146-157.
- Urban, F. & Benders, R.M.J. & Moll, H.C., 2007. "Modelling energy systems for developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3473-3482, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramchandra Bhandari & Surendra Pandit, 2018. "Electricity as a Cooking Means in Nepal—A Modelling Tool Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Trotter, Philipp A. & Maconachie, Roy & McManus, Marcelle C., 2018. "Solar energy's potential to mitigate political risks: The case of an optimised Africa-wide network," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 108-126.
- Adeoye, Omotola & Spataru, Catalina, 2019. "Modelling and forecasting hourly electricity demand in West African countries," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 311-333.
- Nieves, J.A. & Aristizábal, A.J. & Dyner, I. & Báez, O. & Ospina, D.H., 2019. "Energy demand and greenhouse gas emissions analysis in Colombia: A LEAP model application," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 380-397.
- Riva, Fabio & Gardumi, Francesco & Tognollo, Annalisa & Colombo, Emanuela, 2019. "Soft-linking energy demand and optimisation models for local long-term electricity planning: An application to rural India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 32-46.
- Martín-Gamboa, Mario & Iribarren, Diego & García-Gusano, Diego & Dufour, Javier, 2019. "Enhanced prioritisation of prospective scenarios for power generation in Spain: How and which one?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 369-379.
- Ouedraogo, Nadia S., 2017. "Africa energy future: Alternative scenarios and their implications for sustainable development strategies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 457-471.
- Umakanta Mishra & Jei-Zheng Wu & Anthony Shun Fung Chiu, 2019. "Effects of Carbon-Emission and Setup Cost Reduction in a Sustainable Electrical Energy Supply Chain Inventory System," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(7), pages 1-18, March.
- Elsner, Paul, 2019. "Continental-scale assessment of the African offshore wind energy potential: Spatial analysis of an under-appreciated renewable energy resource," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 394-407.
- Mounir, Adil & Mascaro, Giuseppe & White, Dave D., 2019. "A metropolitan scale analysis of the impacts of future electricity mix alternatives on the water-energy nexus," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 256(C).
- Ivan Darma Wangsa & Tao Ming Yang & Hui Ming Wee, 2018. "The Effect of Price-Dependent Demand on the Sustainable Electrical Energy Supply Chain," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(7), pages 1-18, June.
- Xinyu Han & Rongrong Li, 2019. "Comparison of Forecasting Energy Consumption in East Africa Using the MGM, NMGM, MGM-ARIMA, and NMGM-ARIMA Model," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-24, August.
- Paul Bertheau & Ayobami Solomon Oyewo & Catherina Cader & Christian Breyer & Philipp Blechinger, 2017. "Visualizing National Electrification Scenarios for Sub-Saharan African Countries," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Prasad, Ravita D. & Raturi, Atul, 2019. "Low carbon alternatives and their implications for Fiji's electricity sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 1-19.
- Nadia S. Ouedraogo, 2017. "Energy futures modelling for African countries: LEAP model application," WIDER Working Paper Series 056, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy planning model; Simulation; Electricity; Sustainable development; Climate change; Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:190:y:2017:i:c:p:1047-1067. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.