The economics of low pressure drip irrigation and hand watering for vegetable production in the Sahel
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Drechsel, Pay & Graefe, S. & Sonou, M. & Cofie, Olufunke, 2006. "Informal irrigation in urban West Africa: An overview," IWMI Research Reports H039249, International Water Management Institute.
- Drechsel, Pay & Graefe, Sophie & Sonou, Moise & Cofie, Olufunke O., 2006. "Informal irrigation in urban West Africa: An overview," IWMI Research Reports 44572, International Water Management Institute.
- Batchelor, Charles & Lovell, Christopher & Murata, Monica, 1996. "Simple microirrigation techniques for improving irrigation efficiency on vegetable gardens," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 37-48, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heitkämper, Katja & Stehle, Thomas & Schick, Matthias, 2015. "Working time requirement for different field irrigation methods," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management, vol. 4(2), January.
- Liu, Zeyuan & Xiao, Yang & Li, Yunkai & Zhou, Bo & Feng, Ji & Han, Siqi & Muhammad, Tahir, 2019. "Influence of operating pressure on emitter anti-clogging performance of drip irrigation system with high-sediment water," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 213(C), pages 174-184.
- Ortega-Reig, M. & Sanchis-Ibor, C. & Palau-Salvador, G. & García-Mollá, M. & Avellá-Reus, L., 2017. "Institutional and management implications of drip irrigation introduction in collective irrigation systems in Spain," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 187(C), pages 164-172.
- Mwangi, Joseph Kanyua & Crewett, Wibke, 2019. "The impact of irrigation on small-scale African indigenous vegetable growers’ market access in peri-urban Kenya," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 212(C), pages 295-305.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Leakey, Roger & Kranjac-Berisavljevic, Gordana & Caron, Patrick & Craufurd, Peter & Martin, Adrienne M. & McDonald, Andy & Abedini, Walter & Afiff, Suraya & Bakurin, Ndey & Bass, Steve & Hilbeck, Ange, 2009. "Impacts of AKST on development and sustainability goals," Book Chapters,, International Water Management Institute.
- Balana, Bedru & Bizimana, Jean-Claude & Richardson, James W. & Lefore, Nicole & Adimassu, Zenebe & Herbst, Brian K., 2018. "Profitability and Economic Feasibility Analysis of Small Scale Irrigation Technologies in northern Ghana," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 266558, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Castillo, G. E. & Namara, Regassa & Ravnborg, H. M. & Hanjra, M. A. & Smith, L. & Hussein, M. H. & Bene, Christopher & Cook, S. & Hirsch, D. & Polak, P. & Valee, Domitille & van Koppen, Barbara, 2007. "Reversing the flow: agricultural water management pathways for poverty reduction," Book Chapters,, International Water Management Institute.
- Barry, Boubacar & Kortatsi, Benony & Forkuor, Gerald & Gumma, Murali Krishna & Namara, Regassa E. & Rebelo, Lisa-Maria & van den Berg, Joost & Laube, Wolfram, 2010. "Shallow groundwater in the Atankwidi Catchment of the White Volta Basin: current status and future sustainability," IWMI Research Reports 112969, International Water Management Institute.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Adeoti, Adetola I. & Okoli, Silas & Salau, Sheu & Rhoe, Valerie, 2010. "Demand characteristics for small-scale private irrigation technologies: Knowledge gaps in Nigeria," NSSP working papers 18, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Scheierling, S. M., 2010. "Improving wastewater use in agriculture: an emerging priority," IWMI Working Papers H043153, International Water Management Institute.
- Alexandra Evans & Samyuktha Varma, 2009. "Practicalities of participation in urban IWRM: Perspectives of wastewater management in two cities in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 19-28, February.
- Amoah, Philip & Keraita, Bernard & Akple, Maxwell & Drechsel, Pay & Abaidoo, Robert Clement & Konradsen, Flemming, 2011. "Low-cost options for reducing consumer health risks from farm to fork where crops are irrigated with polluted water in West Africa," IWMI Research Reports 108673, International Water Management Institute.
- Camillus Abawiera Wongnaa & Margaret Atosina Akuriba & Amissah Ebenezer & Karen Sakyibea Danquah & Danso Anthony Ofosu, 2019. "Profitability and constraints to urban exotic vegetable production systems in the Kumasi metropolis of Ghana: a recipe for job creation," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, December.
- de Fraiture, Charlotte & Giordano, Meredith, 2014. "Small private irrigation: A thriving but overlooked sector," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 167-174.
- Suzana Samson & Robinson H. Mdegela & Anders Permin & Christopher P. Mahonge & James E. D. Mlangwa, 2018. "Incentives for low-quality water irrigation of food crops in Morogoro, Tanzania," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 479-494, February.
- Ayambire, Raphael Anammasiya & Amponsah, Owusu & Peprah, Charles & Takyi, Stephen Appiah, 2019. "A review of practices for sustaining urban and peri-urban agriculture: Implications for land use planning in rapidly urbanising Ghanaian cities," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 260-277.
- Cofie, Olufunke & Amoah, Philip & Irene, E. & Adamtey, Noah & Fredrick, T.-L., 2011. "Demonstration on the use of urine in urban agriculture. [Report of the Sustainable Urban Water Management Improves Tomorrow’s City’s Health (SWITCH) Project]," IWMI Research Reports H044301, International Water Management Institute.
- Owusu Amponsah & Vigre Håkan & Torben Wilde Schou & Imoro Braimah & Robert Clement Abaidoo, 2016. "The impact of farmers’ participation in field trials in creating awareness and stimulating compliance with the World Health Organization’s farm-based multiple-barrier approach," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 1059-1079, August.
- Drechsel, Pay & Cofie, Olufunke & Niang, Seydou, 2008. "Sustainability and resilience of the urban agricultural phenomenon in Africa," IWMI Books, Reports H041597, International Water Management Institute.
- Eileen Bogweh Nchanji, 2017. "Sustainable Urban Agriculture in Ghana: What Governance System Works?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Qadir, M. & Wichelns, D. & Raschid-Sally, L. & McCornick, P.G. & Drechsel, P. & Bahri, A. & Minhas, P.S., 2010. "The challenges of wastewater irrigation in developing countries," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 561-568, April.
- Drechsel, Pay & Cofie, Olufunke & Niang, Seydou, 2008. "Sustainability and resilience of the urban agricultural phenomenon in Africa," Book Chapters,, International Water Management Institute.
- Yang, Danni & Li, Sien & Kang, Shaozhong & Du, Taisheng & Guo, Ping & Mao, Xiaomin & Tong, Ling & Hao, Xinmei & Ding, Risheng & Niu, Jun, 2020. "Effect of drip irrigation on wheat evapotranspiration, soil evaporation and transpiration in Northwest China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 232(C).
- Hou, Zhenan & Chen, Weiping & Li, Xiao & Xiu, Lin & Wu, Laosheng, 2009. "Effects of salinity and fertigation practice on cotton yield and 15N recovery," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(10), pages 1483-1489, October.
More about this item
KeywordsSmallholder producers; African Market Garden; Drip irrigation; Labor use; Returns on investment; Water application efficiency;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agiwat:v:99:y:2011:i:1:p:67-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agwat .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.