Resource use dynamics and interactions in the tropics: Scaling up in space and time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Reardon, Thomas, 1997. "Using evidence of household income diversification to inform study of the rural nonfarm labor market in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 735-747, May.
- Thornton, P. K. & Herrero, M., 2001. "Integrated crop-livestock simulation models for scenario analysis and impact assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 581-602.
- de Wit, C. T., 1992. "Resource use efficiency in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 125-151.
- Sumberg, J., 2002. "The logic of fodder legumes in Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 285-300, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Janssen, Sander & van Ittersum, Martin K., 2007. "Assessing farm innovations and responses to policies: A review of bio-economic farm models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 622-636, June.
- van de Ven, G. W. J. & de Ridder, N. & van Keulen, H. & van Ittersum, M. K., 2003. "Concepts in production ecology for analysis and design of animal and plant-animal production systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 507-525, May.
- Jan Fałkowski & Maciej Jakubowski & Paweł Strawiński, 2014.
"Returns from income strategies in rural Poland,"
The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 22(1), pages 139-178, January.
- Jan Fałkowski & Maciej Jakubowski & Paweł Strawiński, 2011. "Returns from income strategies in rural Poland," Working Papers 2011-05, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Fałkowski, Jan & Jakubowski, Maciej & Strawiński, Paweł, 2013. "Returns from Income Strategies in Rural Poland," Working papers 157916, Factor Markets, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Falkowski, Jan & Jakubowski, Maciej & Strawinski, Pawel, 2011. "Returns from Income Strategies in Rural Poland," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114364, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Falkowski, Jan & Jakubowski, Maciej & Strawinski, Pawel, 2013. "Returns from Income Strategies in Rural Poland," Factor Markets Working Papers 178, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Kamaldeen Mohammed & Evans Batung & Moses Kansanga & Hanson Nyantakyi-Frimpong & Isaac Luginaah, 2021. "Livelihood diversification strategies and resilience to climate change in semi-arid northern Ghana," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 164(3), pages 1-23, February.
- Bagamba, Fredrick & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2007.
"Determinants of smallholder farmer labour allocation decisions in Uganda,"
106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France
7920, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bagamba, Fred & Burger, Kees & Kuyvenhoven, Arie, 2009. "Determinant of smallholder farmer labor allocation decisions in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 887, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tesfaye, Wondimagegn & Tirivayi, Nyasha, 2020. "Crop diversity, household welfare and consumption smoothing under risk: Evidence from rural Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Frank Ellis, 2000. "The Determinants of Rural Livelihood Diversification in Developing Countries," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 289-302, May.
- Gerbens-Leenes, P. W. & Nonhebel, S., 2002. "Consumption patterns and their effects on land required for food," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 185-199, August.
- Schmidt, Emily & Woldeyes, Firew Bekele, 2019. "Rural youth and employment in Ethiopia," IFPRI book chapters, in: Youth and jobs in rural Africa: Beyond stylized facts, chapter 5, pages yj109-136, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Soltani, Arezoo & Angelsen, Arild & Eid, Tron & Naieni, Mohammad Saeid Noori & Shamekhi, Taghi, 2012. "Poverty, sustainability, and household livelihood strategies in Zagros, Iran," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 60-70.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1766-1785, October.
- Deininger, Klaus & Hoogeveen, Hans & Kinsey, Bill H., 2004. "Economic Benefits and Costs of Land Redistribution in Zimbabwe in the Early 1980s," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1697-1709, October.
- Md.Salamun Rashidin & Sara Javed & Bin Liu & Wang Jian, 2020. "Ramifications of Householdsâ€™ Nonfarm Income on Agricultural Productivity: Evidence From a Rural Area of Pakistan," SAGE Open, , vol. 10(1), pages 21582440209, January.
- Vayssières, Jonathan & Vigne, Mathieu & Alary, Véronique & Lecomte, Philippe, 2011. "Integrated participatory modelling of actual farms to support policy making on sustainable intensification," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 146-161, February.
- Ruben, Ruerd & van Ruijven, Arjan, 2001. "Technical coefficients for bio-economic farm household models: a meta-modelling approach with applications for Southern Mali," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 427-441, March.
- Ciarli, Tommaso & Ràfols, Ismael, 2019.
"The relation between research priorities and societal demands: The case of rice,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 949-967.
- Tommaso Ciarli & Ismael Ràfols, 2018. "The Relation Between Research Priorities and Societal Demands: The Case of Rice," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-12, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Edward Taylor, J., 2001. "The Determinants of Nonfarm Activities and Incomes of Rural Households in Mexico, with Emphasis on Education," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 561-572, March.
- Francesca Marchetta, 2008.
"Migration and non farm activities as income diversification strategies: the case of Northern Ghana,"
Working Papers - Economics
wp2008_16.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Francesca Marchetta, 2013. "Migration and nonfarm activities as income diversification strategies: the case of Northern Ghana," Post-Print halshs-00913108, HAL.
- Barrett, C. B. & Reardon, T. & Webb, P., 2001. "Nonfarm income diversification and household livelihood strategies in rural Africa: concepts, dynamics, and policy implications," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 315-331, August.
- Rao, Elizaphan J. O. & Omondi, Immaculate & Karimov, Aziz A. & Baltenweck, Isavelle, 2016. "Dairy farm households, processor linkages and household income: the case of dairy hub linkages in East Africa," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 19(4), October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agisys:v:88:y:2006:i:1:p:8-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.