Welfare Ranking of Alternative Export Taxes Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Michael A, 1987. "Searching for Leviathan: Comment and Extension," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 198-204, March.
- Chirco, Alessandra & Scrimitore, Marcella, 2013. "Choosing price or quantity? The role of delegation and network externalities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 121(3), pages 482-486.
- David Collie & Roger Clarke, 2006. "Export Taxes under Bertrand Duopoly," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(6), pages 1-8.
- Bhattacharjee Trishita & Pal Rupayan, 2014. "Network Externalities and Strategic Managerial Delegation in Cournot Duopoly: Is There a Prisoners’ Dilemma?," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(4), pages 343-353, January.
- Alberto Portugal‐Perez & José‐Daniel Reyes & John S. Wilson, 2010.
"Beyond the Information Technology Agreement: Harmonisation of Standards and Trade in Electronics,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(12), pages 1870-1897, December.
- Portugal-Perez, Alberto & Reyes, Jose-Daniel & Wilson, John S., 2009. "Beyond the information technology agreement : harmonization of standards and trade in electronics," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4916, The World Bank.
- Pal, Rupayan, 2015. "Cournot vs. Bertrand under relative performance delegation: Implications of positive and negative network externalities," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 94-101.
- Zax, Jeffrey S, 1989. "Is There a Leviathan in Your Neighborhood?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 560-567, June.
- Shy,Oz, 2001. "The Economics of Network Industries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521805001, June.
- Yilmaz, Kamil, 1999. "Optimal export taxes in a multicountry framework," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 439-465, December.
- Panagariya, Arvind & Schiff, Maurice, 1994. "Can revenue maximizing export taxes yield higher welfare than welfare maximizing export taxes?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 79-84, May.
- Kenji Fujiwara, 2011.
"Network externalities, transport costs, and tariffs,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(6), pages 729-739, October.
- Kenji Fujiwara, 2010. "Network Externalities, Transport Costs and Tariffs," Discussion Paper Series 53, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Apr 2010.
- Economides, Nicholas, 1996.
"Network externalities, complementarities, and invitations to enter,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 211-233, September.
- Nicholas Economides, 1997. "Network Externalities, Complementarities, and Invitations to Enter," Industrial Organization 9701004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tower, Edward, 1977. "Ranking the optimum tariff and the maximum revenue tariff," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 73-79, February.
- Rupayan Pal, 2014. "Price and quantity competition in network goods duopoly: a reversal result," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(2), pages 1019-1027.
- Kenji Fujiwara, 2011.
"Tariffs And Trade Liberalisation With Network Externalities,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2-3), pages 51-61, September.
- Kenji Fujiwara, 2011. "Tariffs And Trade Liberalization With Network Externalities," Discussion Paper Series 71, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised May 2011.
- Roger Clarke & David R. Collie, 2008. "Maximum-revenue versus Optimum-welfare Export Taxes: a Delegation Game," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 919-929, November.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Bryan Caplan, 2001. "Has Leviathan Been Bound? A Theory of Imperfectly Constrained Government with Evidence from the States," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 825-847, April.
- Hoernig, Steffen, 2012. "Strategic delegation under price competition and network effects," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 487-489.
More about this item
KeywordsNetwork externalities; differentiated product; oligopoly; export-rivalry; trade policy;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00359. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.