Debt Sustainability in India: Empirical Evidence Estimating Time-Varying Parameters
We employed Fincke and Greiner's (2011, Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics) approach for testing sustainability of public debt in the case of India. Their approach was based on the framework of Bohn (1998) who showed how the primary surplus reacts to variations in debt and which has received great attention in economics literature recently. In this contribution, we applied that test to the India for the period 1970-2009, where we allowed for a time-varying reaction coefficient. We did not find the clear-cut result on the sustainability of public debt for the India during study period.
Volume (Year): 32 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabriella Legrenzi & Costas Milas, 2011.
"Debt Sustainability and Financial Crises: Evidence from the GIIPS,"
Working Paper Series
42_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Gabriella Deborah Legrenzi & Costas Milas, 2011. "Debt Sustainability and Financial Crises: Evidence from the GIIPS," CESifo Working Paper Series 3594, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gael M. Martin, 2000.
"US deficit sustainability: a new approach based on multiple endogenous breaks,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 83-105.
- Martin, G.M., 1998. "U.S. Deficit Sustainability: A New Approach Based on Multiple Endogenous Breaks," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 1/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Alfred Greiner & Uwe Köller & Willi Semmler, 2007. "Debt sustainability in the European Monetary Union: Theory and empirical evidence for selected countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(2), pages 194-218, April.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521785167, 1.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521780506, 1.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00871. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.