Intraday probability of informed trading
By extending Easley, Kiefer, O'Hara and Paperman's (1996) framework to an intraday model, I empirically estimate the intraday probability of informed trading (PIN) for the 30 stocks in DJIA index. I document a U-shaped PIN pattern over the time of a day, and the consequent test validates this finding.
Volume (Year): 31 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henker, Thomas & Wang, Jian-Xin, 2006. "On the importance of timing specifications in market microstructure research," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 162-179, May.
- David Easley & Robert F. Engle & Maureen O'Hara & Liuren Wu, 2002.
"Time-Varying Arrival Rates of Informed and Uninformed Trades,"
- David Easley & Robert F. Engle & Maureen O'Hara & Liuren Wu, 2008. "Time-Varying Arrival Rates of Informed and Uninformed Trades," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(2), pages 171-207, Spring.
- Ellul, Andrew & Holden, Craig W. & Jain, Pankaj & Jennings, Robert, 2007. "Order dynamics: Recent evidence from the NYSE," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 636-661, December.
- Lee, Charles M C & Ready, Mark J, 1991. " Inferring Trade Direction from Intraday Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 733-746, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-11-00590. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.