Further theoretical and empirical evidence on money to growth relation
This paper proposes a theoretical growth model where seigniorage can be used to finance productive public spending, and show the existence of nonlinear effects between seigniorage and economic growth. Empirical evidence based on panel regression techniques provides some support for these nonlinear effects on a sample of OECD countries over the 1978-2005 period.
Volume (Year): 5 (2008)
Issue (Month): 21 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stockman, Alan C., 1981. "Anticipated inflation and the capital stock in a cash in-advance economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 387-393.
- Satya Paul & Colm Kearney & Kabir Chowdhury, 1997. "Inflation and economic growth: a multi-country empirical analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(10), pages 1387-1401.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall & A.C. Barton, 1971.
"Inflation and growth: the international evidence,"
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 24(98), pages 263-275.
- Palivos, Theodore & Yip, Chong K, 1995.
"Government Expenditure Financing in an Endogenous Growth Model: A Comparison,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1159-78, November.
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip, 1995. "Government Expenditure Financing in an Endogenous Growth Model: A Comparison," Departmental Working Papers _057, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip, 1994. "Government expenditure financing in an endogenous growth model: a comparison," Working Paper 94-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Denzau, Arthur T. & Keil, Manfred W. & Sitthiyot, Thitithep & Willett, Thomas D., 2004.
"When does inflation hurt economic growth? Different nonlinearities for different economies,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 519-532, September.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Arthur T. Denzau & Manfred W. Keil & Thitithep Sitthiyot & Thomas D. Willett, . "When Does Inflation Hurt Economic Growth? Different Nonlinearities for Different Economies," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-22, Claremont Colleges.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J., 1996. "Optimal tax, debt, and expenditure policies in a growing economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 21-44, April.
- Sung Kim & Thomas Willett, 2000. "Is the negative correlation between inflation and growth real? An analysis of the effects of the oil supply shocks," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 141-147.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 1990.
"Inflation, Growth and External Debt: A View of the Landscape,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
375, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason, 1991. "Inflation, Growth, and External Debt: A View of the Landscape," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 279-297, 09.
- Daniel Bolton & W. Robert & J. Alexander, 2001. "The differing consequences of low and high rates of inflation," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(6), pages 411-414.
- Michael Sarel, 1996. "Nonlinear Effects of Inflation on Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 199-215, March.
- Mahmood Arai & Mats Kinnwall & Peter Skogman Thoursie, 2004.
"Cyclical and causal patterns of inflation and GDP growth,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(15), pages 1705-1715.
- Arai, Mahmood & Kinnwall, Mats & Skogman Thoursie, Peter, 2002. "Cyclical and Causal Patterns of Inflation and GDP Growth," Research Papers in Economics 2002:5, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- David Black & Michael Dowd & Kristen Keith, 2001. "The inflation/growth relationship: evidence from state panel data," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(12), pages 771-774.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-08e50021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.