Equilibrium payoffs in a Bertrand-Edgeworth model with product differentiation
In this note, we consider a Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly model in which products are differentiated ”à la Hotelling”. We assumine that only one of the two firms faces a capacity constraint. For this particular case, we characterize the equilibrium payoff of the unconstrained firm for the complete domain of capacity levels.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 11 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Furth, D. & Kovenock, D., 1990.
"Price Leadership In A Duopoly With Capacity Constraints And Product Differentiation,"
Purdue University Economics Working Papers
992, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Dave Furth & Dan Kovenock, 1993. "Price leadership in a duopoly with capacity constraints and product differentiation," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 1-35, February.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, .
"Optimal quotas, price competition and products' attributes,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1685, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nicolas Boccard & Xavier Wauthy, 2003. "Optimal Quotas, Price Competition And Products' Attributes," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 395-408.
- Krishna, Kala, 1989.
"Trade restrictions as facilitating practices,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 251-270, May.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1969.
"Price Strategy Oligopoly with Product Variation,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 30-44.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
- Levitan, Richard & Shubik, Martin, 1972.
"Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 111-22, February.
- Jean-Pascal Benassy, 1989. "Market Size and Substitutability in Imperfect Competition: A Bertrand-Edgeworth-Chamberlin Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 217-234.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:49-50:p:18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kujal, Praveen & Petrakis, Emmanuel & Costa-Cabral, Célia, 1996.
"Incentives for cost reducing innovations under quantitative import restraints,"
UC3M Working papers. Economics
4104, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Celia Costa Cabral & Praveen Kujal & Emmanuel Petrakis, 1998. "Incentives for Cost Reducing Innovations under Quantitative Import Restraints," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 49-50, pages 479-493.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-05l10008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.