Equilibrium payoffs in a Bertrand-Edgeworth model with product differentiation
In this note, we consider a Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly model in which products are differentiated ”à la Hotelling”. We assumine that only one of the two firms faces a capacity constraint. For this particular case, we characterize the equilibrium payoff of the unconstrained firm for the complete domain of capacity levels.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||In : Economics Bulletin, 12(11), 1-8, 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1969.
"Price Strategy Oligopoly with Product Variation,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 30-44.
- Jean-Pascal Benassy, 1989. "Market Size and Substitutability in Imperfect Competition: A Bertrand-Edgeworth-Chamberlin Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 217-234.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, .
"Optimal quotas, price competition and products' attributes,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1685, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nicolas Boccard & Xavier Wauthy, 2003. "Optimal Quotas, Price Competition And Products' Attributes," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 395-408.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, May.
- Richard E. Levitan & Martin Shubik, 1970.
"Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
287, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dave Furth & Dan Kovenock, 1993.
"Price leadership in a duopoly with capacity constraints and product differentiation,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Furth, D. & Kovenock, D., 1990. "Price Leadership In A Duopoly With Capacity Constraints And Product Differentiation," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 992, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:49-50:p:18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kala Krishna, 1985.
"Trade Restrictions as Facilitating Practices,"
NBER Working Papers
1546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:1867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.