Equilibrium payoffs in a Bertrand-Edgeworth model with product differentiation
In this note, we consider a Bertrand-Edgeworth duopoly model in which products are differentiated ”à la Hotelling”. We assumine that only one of the two firms faces a capacity constraint. For this particular case, we characterize the equilibrium payoff of the unconstrained firm for the complete domain of capacity levels.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Note:||In : Economics Bulletin, 12(11), 1-8, 2005|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krishna, Kala, 1989.
"Trade restrictions as facilitating practices,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 251-270, May.
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1969.
"Price Strategy Oligopoly with Product Variation,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 30-44.
- Levitan, Richard & Shubik, Martin, 1972.
"Price Duopoly and Capacity Constraints,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(1), pages 111-122, February.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas & WAUTHY, Xavier, "undated".
"Optimal quotas, price competition and products' attributes,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1685, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Nicolas Boccard & Xavier Wauthy, 2003. "Optimal Quotas, Price Competition And Products' Attributes," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 395-408.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Celia Costa Cabral & Praveen Kujal & Emmanuel Petrakis, 1998.
"Incentives for Cost Reducing Innovations under Quantitative Import Restraints,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 49-50, pages 479-493.
- Kujal, Praveen & Petrakis, Emmanuel & Costa-Cabral, Célia, 1996. "Incentives for cost reducing innovations under quantitative import restraints," UC3M Working papers. Economics 4104, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:49-50:p:18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dave Furth & Dan Kovenock, 1993.
"Price leadership in a duopoly with capacity constraints and product differentiation,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 1-35, February.
- Furth, D. & Kovenock, D., 1990. "Price Leadership In A Duopoly With Capacity Constraints And Product Differentiation," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 992, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- David M. Kreps & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1983. "Quantity Precommitment and Bertrand Competition Yield Cournot Outcomes," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 326-337, Autumn.
- Jean-Pascal Benassy, 1989. "Market Size and Substitutability in Imperfect Competition: A Bertrand-Edgeworth-Chamberlin Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 56(2), pages 217-234.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvrp:1867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.