Migration, credit constraints and self-employment: A simple model of occupational choice, inequality and growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ilahi, Nadeem, 1999. "Return Migration and Occupational Change," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 170-186, June.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2002.
"The optimal migration duration and activity choice after re-migration,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 351-372, April.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2000. "The optimal migration duration and activity choice after re-migration," Papers 00-39, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2001. "The Optimal Migration Duration and Activity Choice after Re-migration," IZA Discussion Papers 266, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dustmann, Christian & Kirchkamp, Oliver, 2000. "The Optimal Migration Duration and Activity Choice after Re-migration," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 00-39, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- McCormick, Barry & Wahba, Jackline, 2001. "Overseas Work Experience, Savings and Entrepreneurship amongst Return Migrants to LDCs," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 164-178, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayal Kimhi, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and income inequality in southern Ethiopia,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 81-91, January.
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2009. "Entrepreneurship and Income Inequality in Southern Ethiopia," WIDER Working Paper Series 005, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Kimhi, Ayal, 2009. "Entrepreneurship and Income Inequality in Southern Ethiopia," Discussion Papers 47505, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- I-Ling Shen & Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2010.
"Remittances and inequality: a dynamic migration model,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 8(2), pages 197-220, June.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," Working Papers 2003-05, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport & I-Ling Shen, 2006. "Remittances and inequality: A dynamic migration model," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0614, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Remittances and Inequality: A Dynamic Migration Model," IZA Discussion Papers 808, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frederic, DOCQUIER & Hillel, RAPOPORT & I-Leng Shen, 2007. "Remittances and inequality : A dynamic migration model," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2007003, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Roxana Gutiérrez-Romero & Luciana Méndez-Errico, 2017.
"Does Inequality Foster or Hinder the Growth of Entrepreneurship in the Long Run?,"
Research on Economic Inequality,in: Research on Economic Inequality, volume 25, pages 299-341
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Roxana Gutiérrez-Romero & Luciana Mendez-Errico, 2017. "Does inequality foster or hinder the growth of entrepreneurship in the long-run?," Working Papers 83, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Roxana Gutiérrez & Luciana Méndez, 2017. "Does inequality foster or hinder the growth of entrepreneurship in the long-run?," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 17-10, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2006.
"Illegal Migration from Mexico to the United States,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 869-924, December.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2006. "Illegal Migration from Mexico to the United States," NBER Working Papers 12141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanson, Gordon H., 2010. "International Migration and the Developing World," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- repec:spr:izamig:v:6:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40176-016-0077-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Djajić, Slobodan & Vinogradova, Alexandra, 2015. "Overshooting the Savings Target: Temporary Migration, Investment in Housing and Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 110-121.
- Jialu Liu, 2011. "Human capital, migration and rural entrepreneurship in China," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 100-122, September.
- Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship in Economic Development," WIDER Working Paper Series 020, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mariapia MENDOLA, 2005. "Migration and technological change in rural households: complements or substitutes?," Departmental Working Papers 2005-15, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Naudé, Wim & Siegel, Melissa & Marchand, Katrin, 2015.
"Migration, Entrepreneurship and Development: A Critical Review,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9284, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Naudé, Wim & Siegel, Melissa & Marchand, Katrin, 2015. "Migration, entrepreneurship and development: A critical review," MERIT Working Papers 033, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Michael A. Clemens & Claudio Montenegro & Lant Pritchett, 2016.
"Bounding the Price Equivalent of Migration Barriers,"
CID Working Papers
316, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Clemens, Michael A. & Montenegro, Claudio & Pritchett, Lant, 2016. "Bounding the Price Equivalent of Migration Barriers," IZA Discussion Papers 9789, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rapoport, Hillel & Docquier, Frederic, 2006. "The Economics of Migrants' Remittances," Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism, Elsevier.
- Sonia Laszlo & Eric Santor, 2004. "Internal Migration and Borrowing Constraints: Evidence from Peru," Development and Comp Systems 0411022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jialu Liu, 2010. "Does Migration Income Help Hometown Business? Evidences from Rural Households Survey in China," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 2598-2611.
- Sahana Roy Chowdhury, 2008. "Migration in a model of occupational choice," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 84-94, April.
- Mariapia Mendola, 2004. "Migration and Technological Change in Rural Households: Complements or Substitutes?," Development Working Papers 195, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Bertoli Simone, 2006. "Remittances and the Dynamics of Human Capitalin the Recipient Country," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200607, University of Turin.
- Vincenzo Lombardo, 2012. "Modern foundations of dual economy models," Discussion Papers 8_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
More about this item
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- F2 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-02o10004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.