Stability of the Nigerian M2 Money Demand Function in the SAP Period
This paper explores the stability of the M2 money demand function in Nigeria in the Structural Adjustment Program (SAP) period. The results from the Johansen and Juselius cointegration test suggest that real discount rate, economic activity and real M2, are cointegrated. The Hansen (1992), CUSUM and CUSUMQ stability test results indicate that the M2 money demand function in Nigeria is stable for the study period. The results of the study show that M2 is a viable monetary policy tool that could be used to stimulate economic activity in Nigeria.
Volume (Year): 14 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, 2001. "How stable is M2 money demand function in Japan?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 455-461, December.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Michael P. Barry, 2000. "Stability of the Demand for Money in an Unstable Country: Russia," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 22(4), pages 619-629, July.
- Godwin Nwaobi, 2002.
"A vector error correction and nonnested modeling of money demand function in Nigeria,"
AccessEcon, vol. 3(4), pages 1-8.
- Godwin Nwaobi, 2001. "A Vector Error Correction And Nonnested Modelling Of Money Demand Function In Nigeria," Econometrics 0111004, EconWPA.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1992.
"Tests for Parameter Instability in Regressions with I(1) Processes,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 10(3), pages 321-335, July.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 2002. "Tests for Parameter Instability in Regressions with I(1) Processes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 45-59, January.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Bohl, Martin T., 2000. "German monetary unification and the stability of the German M3 money demand function," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 203-208, February.
- Naoko Hamori & Shigeyuki Hamori, 1999. "Stability of the money demand function in Germany," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(5), pages 329-332.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2002:i:4:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eme:jespps:v:21:y:1994:i:2:p:3-37 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-02n10001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.