A note of revenue maximization and efficiency in multi-object auctions
Combining the result of Palfrey (1983) about the role of bundling and the revenue equivalence theorem, this note shows that there is a conflict between revenue maximization and efficiency in multi-object auctions even with symmetric bidders.
Volume (Year): 3 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Palfrey, Thomas R, 1983. "Bundling Decisions by a Multiproduct Monopolist with Incomplete Information," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 463-83, March.
- Lawrence M. Ausubel & Peter Cramton, 1998. "The Optimality of Being Efficient," Papers of Peter Cramton 98wpoe, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 18 Jun 1999.
- Paul Milgrom, 2000.
"Putting Auction Theory to Work: The Simultaneous Ascending Auction,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(2), pages 245-272, April.
- Paul Milgrom, . "Putting Auction Theory to Work: The Simultaneous Ascending Auction," Working Papers 98002, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Milgrom, Paul, 1998. "Putting auction theory to work : the simultaneous ascending auction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1986, The World Bank.
- Engelbrecht-Wiggans, Richard, 1988. "Revenue equivalence in multi-object auctions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 15-19.
- Mark Armstrong, 2000. "Optimal Multi-Object Auctions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(3), pages 455-481.
- Page Jr., Frank H., 1998.
"Existence of optimal auctions in general environments,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 389-418, May.
- Page Jr., F.H., 1997. "Existence of Optimal Auctions in General Environments," Discussion Paper 1997-28, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jehiel, Phillipe & Moldovanu, Benny & Stacchetti, E., 1997.
"Multidimensional Mechanism Design for Auctions with Externalities,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
97-04, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Jehiel, Philippe & Moldovanu, Benny & Stacchetti, Ennio, 1999. "Multidimensional Mechanism Design for Auctions with Externalities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 258-293, April.
- Moldovanu, Benny & Jehiel, Philippe & Stacchetti, Ennio, 1997. "Multidimensional Mechanism Design for Auctions with Externalities," Papers 97-04, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebl:ecbull:eb-01c70004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.