The Eficiency Effects of Bank Mergers and Acquisitions in a Developing Economy: Evidence from Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bauer, Paul W. & Berger, Allen N. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Humphrey, David B., 1998.
"Consistency Conditions for Regulatory Analysis of Financial Institutions: A Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 85-114, March.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Financial Services working paper 97-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & Hunter, William C. & Timme, Stephen G., 1993. "The efficiency of financial institutions: A review and preview of research past, present and future," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 221-249, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Usman Owolabi Akeem & Fadipe Moses, 2014. "An Empirical Analysis of Allocative Efficiency of Nigerian CommercialBanks: A DEA Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(3), pages 465-475.
- Rashid Ameer, 2008.
"Product market competition, regulation and dividend payout policy of Malaysian banks,"
Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 16(4), pages 318-334, November.
- Ameer, Rashid, 2007. "Product Market Competition, Regulation and Dividend Payout Policy of Malaysian Banks," MPRA Paper 8579, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yang, Shang-Ho & Burdine, Kenneth H. & Hu, Wu-Yueh, 2016. "An Alternative Approach to Estimate the Economic Loss of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) via Data Envelopment Analysis: The Case in Taiwan," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235574, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Abbas, Qamar & Hunjra, Ahmed Imran & Azam, Rauf I & Ijaz, Muhammad Shahzad & Zahid, Maliha, 2014. "Financial performance of banks in Pakistan after Merger and Acquisition," MPRA Paper 60790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wahidudin, Ahmad Nazri, 2010. "Technical Efficiency of Commercial Banks in Malaysia: An Application of Window Data Envelopment Analysis," MPRA Paper 45136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsFinance and Banking; Mergers; Efficiency Change; Data Envelopment Analysis; Malaysia;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:ijaeqs:v:1:y2004:i:1_21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan). General contact details of provider: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm .