Relative Effects Of Public And Private Investment On Cote D’Ivoire’S Economic Performance
This paper investigates the impact of public and private investment on Côte d’Ivoire’s economic performance (GDP growth) over the period 1969-2001, using an autoregressive-distributed lag (ARDL) Error Correction Model (ECM). The results shows that in the short run an increase in private investment by 1% enhance economic growth by 28%, while a 1% increase in public investment leads to only 7% increase in real GDP. In the long run nevertheless the impact of public investment on GDP growth has been higher than private investment, a 1% increase in private investment leads to 25% increase in GDP, while public investment impacts growth by 37%. On the other hand, a 1% increase in employment leads to 38% increase in long run GDP growth. The main findings indicate that while the short run efficiency of public capital can be further improved in Côte d’Ivoire, in the same time the efficiency of private investment can be improved in the long run.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 7 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.usc.es/economet/eaa.htm|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.usc.es/economet/info.htm Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ardagna, Silvia & Lane, Timothy & Caselli, Francesco, 2007.
"Fiscal Discipline and the Cost of Public Debt Service: Some Estimates for OECD Countries,"
2579739, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Ardagna Silvia & Caselli Francesco & Lane Timothy, 2007. "Fiscal Discipline and the Cost of Public Debt Service: Some Estimates for OECD Countries," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-35, August.
- Silvia Ardagna & Francesco Caselli & Timothy Lane, 2005. "Fiscal Discipline and the Cost of Public Debt Service: Some Estimates for OECD Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0670, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Francesco Caselli, 1998. "Fiscal Discipline and the Cost of Public Debt Service; Some Estimates for OECD Countries," IMF Working Papers 98/55, International Monetary Fund.
- Silvia Ardagna & Francesco Caselli & Timothy Lane, 2004. "Fiscal Discipline and the Cost of Public Debt Service: Some Estimates for OECD Countries," NBER Working Papers 10788, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ardagna, Silvia & Caselli, Francesco & Lane, Timothy, 2004. "Fiscal Discipline and the Cost of Public Debt Service: Some Estimates for OECD Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 4661, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ardagna, Silvia & Caselli, Francesco & Lane, Timothy, 2004. "Fiscal discipline and the cost of public dept service: some estiames for OECD countries," Working Paper Series 0411, European Central Bank.
- MD. Ramirez, 2000. "Public capital formation and labor productivity growth in Chile," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(2), pages 159-169, 04.
- Seshaiah, S.V. & Vuyuri, S., 2005. "Savings and Investment in India, 1970-2002: A Cointegration Approach," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(1), pages -.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eaa:aeinde:v:7:y:2007:i:1_13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (M. Carmen Guisan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.