Price Performance of IPOS in Indian Stock Market
The present study has been undertaken to gauge the underpricing in NSE in the short run periods, i.e., from the listing day to the six months after the listing and for the long period. The results depict that the presence of underpricing. The study also tries to analyze the influence of factors on IPOs pricing performance. The results show that these factors viz. Subscription level, Issue size, Listing lead time and Age influence the initial returns, i.e., R_Ret. of the listing day of the company.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pástor, Luboš & Veronesi, Pietro, 2003.
"Stock Prices and IPO Waves,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4002, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lubos Pastor & Pietro Veronesi, 2003. "Stock Prices and IPO Waves," NBER Working Papers 9858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Ljungqvist & Vikram Nanda & Rajdeep Singh, 2006. "Hot Markets, Investor Sentiment, and IPO Pricing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 1667-1702, July.
- Ljungqvist, Alexander P. & Nanda, Vikram & Singh, Rajdeep, 2001. "Hot Markets, Investor Sentiment and IPO Pricing," CEPR Discussion Papers 3053, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Weinstein, Mark & Welch, Ivo, 1993. "An empirical investigation of IPO returns and subsequent equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 153-175, October.
- Ritter, Jay R, 1984. "The "Hot Issue" Market of 1980," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(2), pages 215-240, April.
- Mauer, David C. & Senbet, Lemma W., 1992. "The Effect of the Secondary Market on the Pricing of Initial Public Offerings: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 55-79, March.
- Daying Yan & Jun Cai, 2003. "Long-Run Operating Performance of Initial Public Offerings in Japanese Over-the-Counter Market (1991–2001): Evidence and Implications," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 10(2), pages 239-274, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dug:journl:y:2011:i:30:p:73-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Nuta)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.