The Impact of Diferent Types of Foreign Owners on Firm Performance - Case of Romanian Listed Companies
The main objective of this paper was to investigate the relation between the different types of foreign owners and firm performance. The study was conducted for the manufacturing companies listed on both segments of Bucharest Stock Exchange. The final sample included 260 manufacturing companies. Return on Assets and Return on Equity were the measures of performance used for this study. For the different types of foreign owners we used dummy variables. Econometric tools like linear regression analysis were used for analysis. The results of the study suggest that there is no significant link between firm performance and the existence of different types of foreign owners.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (0040) 336.130.242
Fax: (0040) 336.130.242
Web page: http://www.feaa.ugal.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becht, Marco & Boehmer, Ekkehart, 2003.
"Voting control in German corporations,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1999.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 471-517, 04.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," NBER Working Papers 6625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998. "Corporate Ownership Around the World," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Xu, Xiaonian & Wang, Yan, 1999. "Ownership structure and corporate governance in Chinese stock companies," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 75-98.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ddj:fserec:y:2012:p:341-346. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gianina Mihai)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.