The Macroeconomics Of Remittances In The Philippines
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Veronica Bayangos & Karel Jansen, 2010. "The Macroeconomics of Remittances in The Philippines," Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 28(61), pages 18-58.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laurence M. Ball, 1999. "Policy Rules for Open Economies," NBER Chapters,in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 127-156 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dean Yang, 2008.
"International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(528), pages 591-630, April.
- Dean Yang, 2006. "International Migration, Remittances, and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants' Exchange Rate Shocks," NBER Working Papers 12325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandra M. Leitner, 2005. "The Business Cycle in the Philippines," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22644, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Dillon Alleyne * & Claremont D. Kirton & Mark Figueroa, 2008. "Macroeconomic determinants of migrant remittances to Caribbean countries: panel unit roots and cointegration," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 41(2), pages 137-153, January-M.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn, 2002.
"Business Cycles in Developing Countries: Are They Different?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2071-2088, December.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Business Cycles in Developing Countries: Are They Different?," MPRA Paper 62445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-666, September.
- Vargas-Silva, Carlos, 2008.
"Are remittances manna from heaven? A look at the business cycle properties of remittances,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 290-303, December.
- Carlos Vargas-Silva, 2009. "Are Remittances Manna From Heaven? A Look at the Business Cycle Properties of Remittances," Working Papers 0905, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2004. "Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1407-1417, August.
- Socorro Gochoco-Bautista, Maria, 2000. "Periods of Currency Pressure: Stylized Facts and Leading Indicators," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, pages 125-158.
- HwaJung Choi, 2007.
"Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 219-248, May.
- Dean Yang & HwaJung Choi, 2005. "Are Remittances Insurance? Evidence from Rainfall Shocks in the Philippines," Working Papers 535, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Yap, Josef T., 1996. "Inflation and Economic Growth in the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 1996-11, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Kuckulenz, Anja & Le Manchec, Marie-Helene, 2002. "Worker Remittances and Capital Flows," Kiel Working Papers 1130, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Carlos C. Bautista & Roberto S. Mariano & Bayani Victor Bawagan, 2009. "The NEDA quarterly macroeconomic model: theoretical structure and some empirical results," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 46(2), pages 240-260, December.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
More about this item
Keywordsremittances; monetary policy; exchangerate; capital flows; dynamic structural model.;
- F24 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Remittances
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000107:008319. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.