Crisis Financiera y Uso de Derivados Cambiarios en Empresas Exportadoras
This paper explores the additional difficulties that smaller exporters could have faced during the recent financial crisis, specifically regarding their access to the exchange rate derivatives market. Using data of international trade and derivatives transactions between commercial banks and exporters, we find that this crisis has not been associated with a reduction in the percentage of exporters using exchange rate derivatives. This is true across exporters of different sizes. The evidence seems to be consistent with the fact that greater exchange rate volatility increases the utilization of these hedging instruments. Also, there is no evidence that smaller exporters haven been relatively more affected in terms of coverage, costs and terms of the contracts.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 13 (2010)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Casilla No967, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 670 2000
Fax: (562) 698 4847
Web page: http://www.bcentral.cl/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Valeria Orellana & Paulina Rodríguez, 2008. "Methodology for Measuring Derivatives at the Central Bank of Chile," Economic Statistics Series 68, Central Bank of Chile.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Heckman, James J, 1979. "Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-161, January.
- Carlos Echeverría O. & Claudio Pardo M. & Jorge Selaive C., 2009. "Examen de las compensaciones y precios de suscripción en el mercado de derivados cambiarios chileno," Economic Statistics Series 71, Central Bank of Chile.
- Luís Antonio Ahumada & Jorge Selaive C., 2007. "Desarrollo del mercado de derivados cambiarios en Chile," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 22(1), pages 35-58, June.
- Kevin Cowan & Erwin Hansen & Luis Óscar Herrera, 2006. "Currency Mismatches in Chilean Nonfinancial Corporations," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Ricardo Caballero & César Calderón & Luis Felipe Céspedes & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Sc (ed.), External Vulnerability and Preventive Policies, edition 1, volume 10, chapter 7, pages 207-252 Central Bank of Chile. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chb:bcchni:v:13:y:2010:i:3:p:105-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Sepulveda)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.