Safe Harbours: Providing Protection for Canada's Money-Purchase Plan Sponsors
Fear of lawsuits may inhibit employers from steering employees into defined-contribution pension plans and RRSPs, and from guiding them into sensible choices for investing and withdrawing their money. Safe-harbour provisions that reduced this threat would help employers act in good faith to enhance the retirement incomes of Canadians.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 110 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (416) 865-1904
Fax: (416) 865-1866
Web page: http://www.cdhowe.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Smart, 2007. "Lessons in Harmony: What Experience in the Atlantic Provinces Shows About the Benefits of a Harmonized Sales Tax," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 253, July.
- John Richards, 2007. "Reducing Poverty: What has Worked, and What Should Come Next," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 255, October.
- David Laidler & William B.P. Robson, 2007. "Ill-Defined Benefits: The Uncertain Present and Brighter Future of Employee Pensions in Canada," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 250, June.
- William B.P. Robson, 2007. "Stuck on a Spoke: Proliferating Bilateral Trade Deals are a Dangerous Game for Canada," e-briefs 47, C.D. Howe Institute.
- William B.P. Robson, 2007. "Time and Money: The Challenge of Demographic Change and Government Finances in Canada," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 109, December.
- David Johnson, 2007. "School Grades: Identifying Albert's Best Public Schools," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 104, September.
- Macmillan, Kathleen & Grady, Patrick, 2007.
"A New Prescription: Can the BC-Alberta TILMA Resuscitate Internal Trade in Canada?,"
11485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kathleen E. Macmillan & Patrick Grady, 2007. "A New Prescription: Can the BC-Alberta TILMA Resuscitate Internal Trade in Canada?," C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 106, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdh:backgr:110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.