Proximités et délocalisations : le cas du logiciel
The objective of this article is to investigate the dynamics of relocations, in particular in the ?high-technology? sectors and in a context of growing media focus on the danger of such activities on the part of firms. By proposing a grid of ?dynamics of proximities?, we focus on the case of the software sector. The current level of understanding of whether geographical proximity determines which activities can or cannot potentially be relocated is insufficient to explain the situation in this industry. As we will see in the second part, relocations, to be achieved, need organisational and institutional proximities to support the economic coordination among entities and between actors.
Volume (Year): octobre (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mouhoud, El Mouhoub, 2011.
"Mondialisation et délocalisation des entreprises,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/10636, Paris Dauphine University.
- Marie Coris & Yannick Lung, 2005. "Les communautés virtuelles : la coordination sans proximité ? Les fondements de la coopération au sein des communautés du logiciel libre," Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 397-420.
- Jerome Vicente & Rapha�l Suire, 2007. "Informational Cascades versus Network Externalities in Locational Choice: Evidence of 'ICT Clusters' Formation and Stability," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 173-184.
- Alan Kirman, 1999. "Quelques réflexions à propos du point de vue des économistes sur le rôle de la structure organisationnelle dans l'économie," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 88(1), pages 91-110.
- Vincent Frigant & Damien Talbot, 2005. "Technological Determinism and Modularity: Lessons from a Comparison between Aircraft and Auto Industries in Europe," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 337-355.
- Alain Rallet & André Torre, 2004. "Proximité et localisation," Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 280(1), pages 25-41.
- Fontagné, Lionel & Lorenzi, Jean-Hervé, 2005. "Désindustrialisation, délocalisations," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/129, Paris Dauphine University.
- Andr Torre Shaw & Jean-Pierre Gilly, 2000. "On the Analytical Dimension of Proximity Dynamics," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 169-180.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:rerarc:reru_083_0361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.