L'après Kyoto : quelle approche face au changement climatique ?
This work questions the nature and the significance of a post 2012 international agreement similar to the Kyoto Protocol. We show that the Protocol?s mechanisms fall under a "weak" approach of sustainability which hardly calls into question the primacy of the economy on social and environmental issues, and that the effectiveness of selected instruments is prone to controversy on the theoretical level. We conclude by stressing the inadequacy of such a solution in the face of the climatic stakes.
Volume (Year): n°154 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-mondes-en-developpement.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Requate, Till, 2005. "Dynamic incentives by environmental policy instruments--a survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 175-195, August.
- Pearce, David W, 1991. "The Role of Carbon Taxes in Adjusting to Global Warming," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 938-48, July.
- Regina Betz & Misato Sato, 2006. "Emissions trading: lessons learnt from the 1st phase of the EU ETS and prospects for the 2nd phase," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 351-359, July.
- Michael Grubb & Karsten Neuhoff, 2006.
"Allocation and competitiveness in the EU emissions trading scheme: policy overview,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 7-30, January.
- Grubb, M. & Neuhoff, K., 2006. "Allocation and competitiveness in the EU emissions trading scheme: policy overview," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0645, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Cramton, Peter & Kerr, Suzi, 1998.
"Tradeable Carbon Permit Auctions: How and Why to Auction, Not Grandfather,"
197846, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Cramton, Peter & Kerr, Suzi, 2002. "Tradeable carbon permit auctions: How and why to auction not grandfather," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 333-345, March.
- Peter Cramton & Suzi Kerr, 2002. "Tradeable Carbon Permit Auctions: How and Why to Auction Not Grandfather," Papers of Peter Cramton 02eptc, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 06 May 2002.
- Kerr, Suzi & Cramton, Peter, 1998. "Tradable Carbon Permit Auctions: How and Why to Auction Not Grandfather," Discussion Papers dp-98-34, Resources For the Future.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz & Partha Dasgupta, 1970.
"Differential Taxation, Public Goods, and Economic Efficiency,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
299, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Dasgupta, P, 1971. "Differential Taxation, Public Goods and Economic Efficiency," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(114), pages 151-74, April.
- Ringius, Lasse & Torvanger, Asbjorn & Holtsmark, Bjart, 1998. "Can multi-criteria rules fairly distribute climate burdens?: OECD results from three burden sharing rules," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 777-793, August.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2001.
"Le double dividende. Les approches théoriques,"
Revue Française d'Économie,
Programme National Persée, vol. 16(2), pages 119-147.
- Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline, 2001. "Le double dividende: Les approches theoriques," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00089916, HAL.
- Maia David, 2004. "Les approches volontaires comme instrument de régulation environnementale," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 19(1), pages 227-273.
- Jean-Marc Burniaux & Joaquim Oliveira Martins, 1992. "Effet de serre et relations Nord-Sud," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 258(1), pages 55-68.
- Rogge, Karoline S. & Schleich, Joachim & Betz, Regina, 2006. "An early assessment of national allocation plans for phase 2 of EU emission trading," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S1/2006, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Baumol, William J, 1972. "On Taxation and the Control of Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(3), pages 307-22, June.
- Buchanan, James M & Tullock, Gordon, 1975. "Polluters' Profits and Political Response: Direct Controls Versus Taxes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 139-47, March.
- Tracy R. Lewis, 1996. "Protecting the Environment When Costs and Benefits Are Privately Known," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(4), pages 819-847, Winter.
- Ekins, Paul & Barker, Terry, 2001. " Carbon Taxes and Carbon Emissions Trading," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 325-76, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:meddbu:med_154_0103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.