The Methodology of Officially Recognized International Sports Rating Systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruth N. Bolton & Randall G. Chapman, 2008.
"Searching For Positive Returns At The Track: A Multinomial Logit Model For Handicapping Horse Races,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Markets, chapter 17, pages 151-171
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ruth N. Bolton & Randall G. Chapman, 1986. "Searching for Positive Returns at the Track: A Multinomial Logit Model for Handicapping Horse Races," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 1040-1060, August.
- Trono John A., 2010. "Rating/Ranking Systems, Post-Season Bowl Games, and "The Spread"," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-20, July.
- Raymond Stefani, 1997. "Survey of the major world sports rating systems," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(6), pages 635-646.
- Stefani Ray & Pollard Richard, 2007. "Football Rating Systems for Top-Level Competition: A Critical Survey," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 3(3), pages 1-22, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kovalchik Stephanie Ann, 2016. "Searching for the GOAT of tennis win prediction," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 127-138, September.
- Barrow Daniel & Drayer Ian & Elliott Peter & Gaut Garren & Osting Braxton, 2013. "Ranking rankings: an empirical comparison of the predictive power of sports ranking methods," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 187-202, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:jqsprt:v:7:y:2011:i:4:n:10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.