Survey of the major world sports rating systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tarpey, Thaddeus, 1994. "Two principal points of symmetric, strongly unimodal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, pages 253-257.
- Gutti Babu & C. Rao, 1992. "Expansions for statistics involving the mean absolute deviations," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, pages 387-403.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007.
"The Role of Patriotism in Explaining TV Audience of National Team Games - Evidence from Four International Tournaments,"
0014, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "The Role of Patriotism in Explaining TV Audience of National Team Games - Evidence from Four International Tournaments," Working Papers 0065, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Imperiale-Hagerman Stephen, 2011. "Socioeconomic Predictors of the 2010 FIFA World Cup," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, pages 1-13.
- Ferda HALICIOGLU, 2005. "Forecasting the Professional Team Sporting Events: Evidence from Euro 2000 and 2004 Football Tournaments," Industrial Organization 0508001, EconWPA.
- repec:pal:jorsoc:v:60:y:2009:i:12:d:10.1057_jors.2008.135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefani Ray, 2011. "The Methodology of Officially Recognized International Sports Rating Systems," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, pages 1-22.
- Niven Winchester & Raymond T. Stefani, 2009. "An innovative approach to National Football League standings using optimal bonus points," Working Papers 0905, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2009.
- Bargagliotti, Anna E., 2009. "Aggregation and decision making using ranked data," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 354-366, November.
- Kovalchik Stephanie Ann, 2016. "Is there a Pythagorean theorem for winning in tennis?," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, pages 43-49.
- Halicioglu Ferda, 2009.
"Research on the Prediction of the likely Winners of the Euro 2008 Football Tournament,"
Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports,
De Gruyter, pages 1-15.
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2008. "Research on the Prediction of the likely Winners of the Euro 2008 Football Tournament," MPRA Paper 15567, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Patrick Barrie, 2003. "A new sports ratings system: The tiddlywinks world ratings," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 361-372.
- Leitner, Christoph & Zeileis, Achim & Hornik, Kurt, 2010. "Forecasting sports tournaments by ratings of (prob)abilities: A comparison for the EUROÂ 2008," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 471-481, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:japsta:v:24:y:1997:i:6:p:635-646. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CJAS20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .