Competition between Latin America and China for US Direct Investment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- De la Cruz Gallegos, Jose Luis & Ivanova Boncheva, Antonina & Ruiz-Porras, Antonio, 2008. "Competition between Latin America and China for US direct investment," MPRA Paper 8950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Titus O. Awokuse, 2003.
"Is the export-led growth hypothesis valid for Canada?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 126-136, February.
- Awokuse, Titus O., 2002. "Is The Export-Lead Growth Hypothesis Valid For Canada?," Staff Papers 15823, University of Delaware, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Paul Lagunes & Oscar Pocasangre, 2017. "Dynamic Transparency: An Audit of Mexico’s Freedom of Information Act," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8551, Inter-American Development Bank.
- A. Hatemi-J, 2003. "A new method to choose optimal lag order in stable and unstable VAR models," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 135-137.
- Kuwayama, Mikio & Rosales V., Osvaldo, 2007. "América Latina al encuentro de China e India: perspectivas y desafíos en comercio e inversión," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Eduardo Lora, 2005. "Should Latin America Fear China?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4367, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Barry Eichengreen & Hui Tong, 2007.
"Is China’s FDI Coming at the Expense of Other Countries?,"
Chapters,in: Foreign Direct Investment in Europe, chapter 11
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Tong, Hui, 2007. "Is China's FDI coming at the expense of other countries?," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 153-172, June.
- Barry Eichengreen & Hui Tong, 2005. "Is China's FDI Coming at the Expense of Other Countries?," NBER Working Papers 11335, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sims, Christopher A., 1992.
"Interpreting the macroeconomic time series facts : The effects of monetary policy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 975-1000, June.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1992. "Interpreting the Macroeconomic Time Series Facts: The Effects of Monetary Policy," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1011, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992.
"The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-921, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989. "The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission," Working Papers 89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission," NBER Working Papers 3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter K. Schott, 2006. "The relative revealed competitiveness of China's exports to the United States vis a vis other countries in Asia, the Caribbean, Latin America and the OECD," INTAL Working Papers 1285, Inter-American Development Bank, INTAL.
- Chandana Chakraborty & Parantap Basu, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and growth in India: a cointegration approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(9), pages 1061-1073.
- Xiaming Liu & Haiyan Song & Peter Romilly, 1997. "An empirical investigation of the causal relationship between openness and economic growth in China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(12), pages 1679-1686.
- Cravino, Javier & Lederman, Daniel & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2007. "Foreign direct investment in Latin America during the emergence of China and India : stylized facts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4360, The World Bank.
- McMillin, W Douglas, 1988. "Money Growth Volatility and the Macroeconomy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 319-335, August.
- Lokman Gunduz & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2005. "Is the tourism-led growth hypothesis valid for Turkey?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(8), pages 499-504.
- Garcia-Herrero, Alicia & Santabarbara, Daniel, 2007.
"Does China have an impact on foreign direct investment to Latin America?,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 266-286.
- Alicia García-Herrero & Daniel Santabárbara, 2005. "Does China have an impact on foreign direct investment to Latin America?," Working Papers 0517, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Alicia Garcia-Herrero & Daniel Santabarbara, 2005. "Does China have an impact on foreign direct investment to Latin America?," International Finance 0508010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel Santabarbara & Alicia Garcia-Herrero, 2005. "Does China have an impact on foreign direct investment to Latin America?," International Finance 0508008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Quintos, Carmela E., 1998. "Stability tests in error correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 289-315, February.
- Xiaohui Liu & Peter Burridge & P. J. N. Sinclair, 2002. "Relationships between economic growth, foreign direct investment and trade: evidence from China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(11), pages 1433-1440.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Ana María Cuadros Ramos, 2000. "Exportaciones y crecimiento económico: Un análisis de causalidad para México," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 15(1), pages 37-64.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Abugri, Benjamin A., 2008. "Empirical relationship between macroeconomic volatility and stock returns: Evidence from Latin American markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 396-410.
- Eduardo Lora, 2005.
"Should Latin America Fear China?,"
Research Department Publications
4409, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora, 2005. "Should Latin America Fear China?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 80304, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Eduardo Lora, 2005. "Should Latin America Fear China?," Research Department Publications 4419, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
More about this item
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:glecon:v:8:y:2008:i:2:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.