The Economic Consequences of Fair Value Accounting
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khurana, Inder K. & Kim, Myung-Sun, 2003. "Relative value relevance of historical cost vs. fair value: Evidence from bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 19-42.
- Eccher, Elizabeth A. & Ramesh, K. & Thiagarajan, S. Ramu, 1996. "Fair value disclosures by bank holding companies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 79-117, October.
- Allen, Franklin & Carletti, Elena, 2008. "Mark-to-market accounting and liquidity pricing," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 358-378, August.
- Yuri Biondi & Vincent Bignon & Xavier Ragot, 2004.
"An economic analysis of fair value : the evolution of accounting principles in European Legislation,"
- Vincent Bignon & Yuri Biondi & Xavier Ragot & Richard Barker, 2009. "An Economic Analysis of Fair Value: The Evolution of Accounting Principles in European Legislation," Post-Print halshs-00754673, HAL.
- Benston, George J., 2008. "The shortcomings of fair-value accounting described in SFAS 157," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 101-114.
- Wayne R. Landsman, 2002. "Has the Information Content of Quarterly Earnings Announcements Declined in the Past Three Decades?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 797-808, June.
- Teoh, Siew Hong & Welch, Ivo & Wong, T. J., 1998. "Earnings management and the underperformance of seasoned equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 63-99, October.
- repec:bla:joares:v:6:y:1968:i:2:p:159-178 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:2:p:319-352 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009.
"The crisis of fair-value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate,"
Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 826-834, August.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Robert Boyer, 2007. "Assessing the impact of fair value upon financial crises," Post-Print hal-00812978, HAL.
- S. P. Kothari & Susan Shu & Peter D. Wysocki, 2009. "Do Managers Withhold Bad News?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 241-276, March.
- Ijiri, Yuji, 2005. "US accounting standards and their environment: A dualistic study of their 75-years of transition," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 255-279.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schwarz Claudia & Karakitsos Polychronis & Merriman Niall & Studener Werner, 2015.
"Why Accounting Matters: A Central Bank Perspective,"
Accounting, Economics, and Law: A Convivium,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-42, March.
- Schwarz, Claudia & Karakitsos, Polychronis & Merriman, Niall & Studener, Werner, 2014. "Why accounting matters: a central bank perspective," Occasional Paper Series 153, European Central Bank.
- Yuri Biondi & Pierpaolo Giannoccolo, 2015. "Share price formation, market exuberance and financial stability under alternative accounting regimes," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 10(2), pages 333-362, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:aelcon:v:1:y:2011:i:2:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.degruyter.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.