Household debt and spending
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bunn, Philip & Rostom, May & Domit, Silvia & Worrow, Nicola & Piscitelli, Laura, 2013. "The financial position of British households: evidence from the 2013 NMG Consulting survey," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 53(4), pages 351-360.
- Òscar Jordà & Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2013.
"When Credit Bites Back,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(s2), pages 3-28, December.
- James S. Cloyne & Paolo Surico, 2017.
"Household Debt and the Dynamic Effects of Income Tax Changes,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(1), pages 45-81.
- Cloyne, James & Surico, Paolo, 2013. "Household Debt and the Dynamic Effects of Income Tax Changes," CEPR Discussion Papers 9649, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cloyne, James & Surico, Paolo, 2014. "Household debt and the dynamic effects of income tax changes," Bank of England working papers 491, Bank of England.
- Stephen Cecchetti & Madhusudan Mohanty & Fabrizio Zampolli, 2011. "The real effects of debt," BIS Working Papers 352, Bank for International Settlements.
- King, Mervyn, 1994. "Debt deflation: Theory and evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 419-445, April.
- McLeay, Michael & Radia, Amar & Thomas, Ryland, 2014. "Money in the modern economy: an introduction," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(1), pages 4-13.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Paul Krugman, 2012. "Debt, Deleveraging, and the Liquidity Trap: A Fisher-Minsky-Koo Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(3), pages 1469-1513.
- Hackworth, Christopher & Radia, Amar & Roberts, Nyssa, 2013. "Understanding the MPC’s forecast performance since mid-2010," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 53(4), pages 336-350.
- Atif Mian & Kamalesh Rao & Amir Sufi, 2013. "Household Balance Sheets, Consumption, and the Economic Slump," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 128(4), pages 1687-1726.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mairead de Roiste & Apostolos Fasianos & Robert Kirkby & Fang Yao, 2019. "Household Leverage and Asymmetric Housing Wealth Effects- Evidence from New Zealand," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2019/01, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Helen Hughson & Gianni La Cava & Paul Ryan & Penelope Smith, 2016.
"The Household Cash Flow Channel of Monetary Policy,"
RBA Bulletin (Print copy discontinued), Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 21-30, September.
- Gianni La Cava & Helen Hughson & Greg Kaplan, 2016. "The Household Cash Flow Channel of Monetary Policy," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2016-12, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Remco Mocking, 2017. "The Impact of House Price Shocks on the Savings of Dutch Homeowners and Renters," CPB Discussion Paper 346, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- England, David & Hebden, Andrew & Henderson, Tom & Pattie, Tom, 2015. "The Agencies and 'One Bank'," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 55(1), pages 47-55.
- Mian, A. & Sufi, A., 2016.
"Who Bears the Cost of Recessions? The Role of House Prices and Household Debt,"
Handbook of Macroeconomics, in: J. B. Taylor & Harald Uhlig (ed.),Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 255-296,
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2016. "Who Bears the Cost of Recessions? The Role of House Prices and Household Debt," NBER Working Papers 22256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Thornley, 2016. "Financial stability risks from housing market cycles," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 79, pages 1-16, July.
- Andersen, Asger Lau & Duus, Charlotte & Jensen, Thais Lærkholm, 2016. "Household debt and spending during the financial crisis: Evidence from Danish micro data," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 96-115.
- Hafizah Hammad Ahmad Khan & Hussin Abdullah & Shamzaeffa Samsudin, 2016. "The Linkages between Household Consumption and Household Debt Composition in Malaysia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1354-1359.
- Anderson, Gareth & Bunn, Philip & Pugh, Alice & Uluc, Arzu, 2014. "The potential impact of higher interest rates on the household sector: evidence from the 2014 NMG Consulting survey," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(4), pages 419-433.
- Agnes Kovacs & May Rostom & Philip Bunn, 2018.
"Consumption Response to Aggregate Shocks and the Role of Leverage,"
1820, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Kovacs, Agnes & Rostom, May & Bunn, Philip, 2018. "Consumption response to aggregate shocks and the role of leverage," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 90378, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Le Blanc, Julia & Lydon, Reamonn, 2020. "Indebtedness and spending: what happens when the music stops?," Working Paper Series 2389, European Central Bank.
- Patience Nkala & Asrat Tsegaye, 2017. "The Relationship between Household Debt and Consumption Spending in South Africa," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 9(2), pages 243-257.
- Konstantina Manou & Panagiotis Palaios & Evangelia Papapetrou, 2019. "Housing wealth, household debt and financial assets: are there implications for consumption?," Working Papers 263, Bank of Greece.
- Christophe André, 2016.
"Household debt in OECD countries: stylised facts and policy issues,"
Chapters from NBP Conference Publications, in: Hanna Augustyniak & Jacek Łaszek & Krzysztof Olszewski & Joanna Waszczuk (ed.),Papers presented during the Narodowy Bank Polski Workshop: Recent trends in the real estate market and its analysis - 2015 edition, chapter 2, pages v1, 33-85,
Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Christophe André, 2016. "Household debt in OECD countries: Stylised facts and policy issues," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1277, OECD Publishing.
- De Andrés Mosquera, Andrés, 2017. "Los determinantes a largo plazo y su contribución a la tasa de ahorro de los hogares españoles en el período 1985-2016 || Long-term determinants and its contribution to Spanish household saving rate d," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 24(1), pages 292-339, Diciembre.
- Óscar Rodil-Marzábal & Vicente Menezes-Ferreira-Junior, 2016. "The Wealth Effect in the Eurozone," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 63(1), pages 87-112, March.
- Michiel Bijlsma & Remco Mocking, 2017. "The Impact of House Price Shocks on the Savings of Dutch Homeowners and Renters," CPB Discussion Paper 346.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Fernando Alexandre & Hélder Costa & Miguel Portela & Miguel Rodrigues, 2018. "Asymmetric regional dynamics: from bust to recovery," NIPE Working Papers 17/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Ashley Dunstan & Hayden Skilling, 2015. "Commercial property and financial stability," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 78, pages 1-10, March.
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 2016. "Amortization Requirements May Increase Household Debt; A Simple Example," IMF Working Papers 16/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Clavero, Borja, 2017. "A contribution to the Quantity Theory of Disaggregated Credit," MPRA Paper 76657, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bunn, Philip & Rostom, May, 2015. "Household debt and spending in the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 554, Bank of England.
- Pedro S. Amaral, 2017. "Monetary Policy and Inequality," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:qbullt:0150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Group). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.