China's changing growth pattern
China’s growth over the past 30 years has been remarkable. In part, that reflects a strategy pursued by many emerging market economies in the past with a focus on expanding exports. More recently, China’s current account surplus has shrunk, reflecting the collapse in world trade during the financial crisis, and the domestic stimulus China introduced in response. This article discusses China’s previous growth pattern and asks whether the nascent rebalancing will be sustained, considering implications for the rest of the world.
Volume (Year): 51 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0)171 601 4030
Fax: +44 (0)171 601 5196
Web page: http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tamim Bayoumi & Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2012.
"The Chinese Corporate Savings Puzzle: A Firm-Level Cross-Country Perspective,"
202012, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2012. "The Chinese Corporate Savings Puzzle: A Firm-level Cross-Country Perspective," NBER Chapters, in: Capitalizing China, pages 283-308 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei & Tamim Bayoumi, 2010. "The Chinese Corporate Savings Puzzle: A Firm-level Cross-country Perspective," IMF Working Papers 10/275, International Monetary Fund.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2010. "The Chinese Corporate Savings Puzzle: A Firm-level Cross-country Perspective," NBER Working Papers 16432, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Astley, Mark & Giese, Julia & Hume, Michael & Kubelec, Chris, 2009. "Global imbalances and the financial crisis," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 49(3), pages 178-190.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:qbullt:0044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Group)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.