Do Regional Differentials in Economic Freedom Yield Regional Unemployment Rate Differentials in the U.S.? A Brief Exploratory Note Adopting Panel Data Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cebula, Richard J. & Clark, J.R. & Mixon, Franklin G., Jr., 2013.
"The Impact of Economic Freedom on Per Capita Real GDP: A Study of OECD Nations,"
Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy,
Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1).
- Cebula, Richard & Clark, J.R. & Mixon, Franklin, 2012. "The Impact of Economic Freedom on Per Capita Real GDP: A Study of OECD Nation," MPRA Paper 49220, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Feb 2013.
- Dawson, John W., 2003. "Causality in the freedom-growth relationship," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 479-495, September.
- Lauren R. Heller & E. Frank Stephenson, 2014. "Economic Freedom And Labor Market Conditions: Evidence From The States," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 56-66, January.
- Arora, Vivek & Vamvakidis, Athanasios, 2006. "The Impact of U.S. Economic Growth on the Rest of the World: How Much Does It Matter?," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 21, pages 21-39.
- Belasen, Ariel R. & Hafer, R.W., 2013. "Do Changes in Economic Freedom affect Well-Being?," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1).
- J. R. Clark & Robert A. Lawson, 2008. "The Impact of Economic Growth, Tax Policy and Economic Freedom on Income Inequality," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 24(Fall 2008), pages 23-31.
- Heckelman, Jac C & Stroup, Michael D, 2000. "Which Economic Freedoms Contribute to Growth?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(4), pages 527-544.
- Stansel, Dean B., 2013. "An Economic Freedom Index for U.S. Metropolitan Areas," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1).
- Richard J. Cebula & Joshua Hall & Franklin G. Mixon Jr & James E. Payne (ed.), 2015. "Economic Behavior, Economic Freedom, and Entrepreneurship," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 16557, April.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Deller, Steven C., 2009. "Wages, Rent, Unemployment and Amenities," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 39(2), pages 1-14.
- Ashby, Nathan J. & Bueno, Avilia & Martinez, Deborah, 2015. "Economic Freedom and Economic Development in the Mexican States," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1).
- Richard Cebula & Franklin Mixon, 2012. "The Impact of Fiscal and Other Economic Freedoms on Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 18(2), pages 139-149, May.
- Daniel L. Bennet, 2016. "Subnational Economic Freedom and Performance in the United States and Canada," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 36(1), pages 165-185, Winter.
More about this item
KeywordsState unemployment rate; economic freedom.;
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J70 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bmo:bmoart:v:3:y:2016:i:1:p:11-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tolga Omay). General contact details of provider: http://www.econometricsletters.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.