Determining Mission Statement Effectiveness From A Fit Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barbara Bartkus & Myron Glassman, 2008. "Do Firms Practice What They Preach? The Relationship Between Mission Statements and Stakeholder Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(2), pages 207-216, December.
- Li-Qun Wei & Chung-Ming Lau, 2008. "The impact of market orientation and strategic HRM on firm performance: the case of Chinese enterprises," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(6), pages 980-995, September.
- Braun, Susanne & Wesche, Jenny S & Frey, Dieter & Weisweiler, Silke & Peus, Claudia, 2012. "Effectiveness of mission statements in organizations – A review," Journal of Management & Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 430-444, July.
- S. Desmidt & A. Prinzie, 2009. "Does your mission statement have any value? An explorative analysis of the effectiveness of mission statements from a communication perspective," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/568, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Ireland, R. Duane & Hirc, Michael A., 1992. "Mission statements: Importance, challenge, and recommendations for development," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 34-42.
More about this item
Keywordsmission statement; sense of mission; alignment; fit; structure; culture; effectiveness; purpose;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:blg:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:220-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mihaela Herciu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feulbro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.