The US Current Account, New Economy Services, and Implications for Sustainability
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chinn, Menzie D. & Prasad, Eswar S., 2003.
"Medium-term determinants of current accounts in industrial and developing countries: an empirical exploration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Menzie David Chinn & Eswar S Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries; An Empirical Exploration," IMF Working Papers 00/46, International Monetary Fund.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Eswar S. Prasad, 2000. "Medium-Term Determinants of Current Accounts in Industrial and Developing Countries: An Empirical Exploration," NBER Working Papers 7581, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Wren-Lewis & Rebecca Driver, 1998. "Real Exchange Rates for the Year 2000," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa54, January.
- Catherine L. Mann, 1999. "Is the U.S. Trade Deficit Sustainable?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 47.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Uwitonze, Eric & Heshmati, Almas, 2016. "Service Sector Development and its Determinants in Rwanda," IZA Discussion Papers 10117, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barattieri, Alessandro, 2014.
"Comparative advantage, service trade, and global imbalances,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 1-13.
- Alessandro Barattieri, 2011. "Comparative Advantage, Service Trade, and Global Imbalances," Cahiers de recherche 1134, CIRPEE.
- Catherine L. Mann & Katharina Plück, 2005. "The US Trade Deficit: A Disaggregated Perspective," Working Paper Series WP05-11, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2005. "Is the U.S. Current Account Deficit Sustainable? And If Not, How Costly is Adjustment Likely To Be?," NBER Working Papers 11541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alain GAUGRIS & El Mouhoub MOUHOUD, 2013. "International Specialization In Services: Insights From A New Theoretical Taxonomy," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 37, pages 197-230.
- Desireé van Welsum & Xavier Reif, 2009.
"We Can Work It Out: The Globalization of ICT-Enabled Services,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Trade in Services and Intangibles in the Era of Globalization, pages 289-325
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desiree van Welsum & Xavier Reif, 2006. "We Can Work It Out - The Globalisation of ICT-enabled Services," NBER Working Papers 12799, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Desiree Welsum & Xavier Reif, 2007. "We Can Work It Out - The Globalisation of ICT-enabled Services," Working Papers id:802, eSocialSciences.
- Abhijit Das & Rashmi Banga & Dinesh Kumar, 2011.
"Global Economic Crisis : Impact and Restructuring of the Services Sector in India,"
Trade Working Papers
23225, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Das, Abhijit & Banga, Rashmi & Kumar, Dinesh, 2011. "Global Economic Crisis: Impact and Restructuring of the Services Sector in India," ADBI Working Papers 311, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Abhijit Das & Rashmi Banga & Dinesh Kumar, 2011. "Global Economic Crisis : Impact and Restructuring of the Services Sector in India," Microeconomics Working Papers 23225, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2005.
"The end of large current account deficits : 1970-2002 : are there lessons for the United States?,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 205-268.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2005. "The End of Large Current Account Deficits, 1970-2002: Are There Lessons for the United States?," NBER Working Papers 11669, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luigi Bonatti & Andrea Fracasso, 2009. "The evolution of the Sino-American Co-dependency: modelling a regime switch in a growth setting," Department of Economics Working Papers 0905, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Luigi Bonatti, 2007. "Home production, labor taxation and trade account," Department of Economics Working Papers 0715, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Philipp Engler & Michael Fidora & Christian Thimann, 2009.
"External Imbalances and the US Current Account: How Supply-Side Changes Affect an Exchange Rate Adjustment ,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(5), pages 927-941, November.
- Thimann, Christian & Fidora, Michael & Engler, Philipp, 2007. "External imbalances and the US current account: how supply-side changes affect an exchange rate adjustment," Working Paper Series 761, European Central Bank.
- Bollino, Carlo Andrea, 2007. "Oil prices and the U.S. trade deficit," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 729-738.
- Luigi Bonatti & Giulia Felice, 2010.
"Trade And Growth In A Two-Country Model With Home Production And Uneven Technological Spillovers,"
University of Manchester, vol. 78(5), pages 484-509, September.
- Luigi BONATTI & Giulia FELICE, 2009. "Trade and growth in a two-country model with home production and uneven technological spillovers," Departmental Working Papers 2009-13, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Marquez, Jaime, 2006. "Estimating elasticities for U.S. trade in services," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 276-307, March.
- Nouriel Roubini, 2006. "The BW 2 regime: an unstable disequilibrium bound to unravel," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 303-332, December.
- Antonis Adam & Panos Hatzipanayotou & Thomas Moutos, 2015. "Labour Market Regulation, Fiscal Consolidation, and the Success of Current Account Adjustments," DEOS Working Papers 1517, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Jaime R. Marquez, 2005. "Estimating elasticities for U.S. trade in services," International Finance Discussion Papers 836, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernhard Gräf, 2007. "US current account deficit: No reason to panic!," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(4), pages 31-38, January.
- Haider Mahmood & Tarek Tawfik Yousef Alkhateeb & Tarek Tawfik Yousef Alkhateeb, 2017. "Testing Asymmetrical Effect of Exchange Rate on Saudi Service Sector Trade: A Non-linear Auto-regressive Distributive Lag Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(1), pages 73-77.
- Johan Fourie & Dieter von Fintel, 2009. "World Rankings of Comparative Advantage in Service Exports," Working Papers 03/2009, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Hisanaga, Makoto, 2015. "Dynamics of the Comparative Advantage Structure and their Differences between Goods and Services," Discussion paper series. A 284, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- repec:spr:weltar:v:153:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10290-016-0274-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Desirée Van Welsum, 2004. "In Search of ‘Offshoring’: Evidence from U.S. Imports of Services," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 0402, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:reviec:v:12:y:2004:i:2:p:262-276. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.