The Achilles Heel of Firm Strategy: Resource Weaknesses and Distinctive Inadequacies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Graham Astley & Raymond F. Zammuto, 1992. "Organization Science, Managers, and Language Games," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 443-460, November.
- Hélène Giroux, 2006. "'It Was Such a Handy Term': Management Fashions and Pragmatic Ambiguity," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(6), pages 1227-1260, September.
- Sue Dopson, 2006. "Debate: Why Does Knowledge Stick? What We Can Learn From the Case of Evidence-Based Health Care," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 85-86, April.
- Timothy Clark, 2004. "Guest Editor's Introduction," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 367-376, May.
- Gabriel, Yiannis, 2000. "Storytelling in Organizations: Facts, Fictions, and Fantasies," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198297062, June.
- Sue Dopson, 2006. "Debate: Why Does Knowledge Stick? What We Can Learn From the Case of Evidence-Based Health Care," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 26(2), pages 85-86, April.
- Orly Benjamin & Rona Goclaw, 2005. "Narrating the Power of Non-Standard Employment: The Case of the Israeli Public Sector," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 737-759, June.
- Jeffrey Pfeffer, 1995. "Mortality, Reproducibility, and the Persistence of Styles of Theory," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(6), pages 681-686, December.
- Michael K. Mauws & Nelson Phillips, 1995. "Crossroads Understanding Language Games," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(3), pages 322-334, June.
- Tom Keenoy, 1999. "HRM as Hologram: A Polemic," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 1-23, January.
- William Acar & Robert J. Keating & Kenneth E. Aupperle & William W. Hall & Richard A. Engdahl, 2003. "Peering at the Past Century's Corporate Strategy Through the Looking Glass of Time-Series Analysis: Extrapolating from Chandler's Classic Mid-Century American Firms?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(5), pages 1225-1254, July.
- Anne Ellaway & Sally Macintyre & Ade Kearns, 2001. "Perceptions of Place and Health in Socially Contrasting Neighbourhoods," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 38(12), pages 2299-2316, November.
- Jeffery S. McMullen & Dean A. Shepherd, 2006. "Encouraging Consensus-Challenging Research in Universities," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(8), pages 1643-1669, December.
- David Guest & Zella King, 2004. "Power, Innovation and Problem-Solving: The Personnel Managers' Three Steps to Heaven?," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 401-423, May.
- Samia Chreim, 2005. "The Continuity-Change Duality in Narrative Texts of Organizational Identity," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 567-593, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Omar R. Malik & Masaaki Kotabe, 2009. "Dynamic Capabilities, Government Policies, and Performance in Firms from Emerging Economies: Evidence from India and Pakistan," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 421-450, May.
- repec:bla:jomstd:v:54:y:2017:i:3:p:304-339 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petra Gibcus & F. Stam, 2012. "Firm resources, dynamic capabilities, and the early growth of firms," Scales Research Reports H201219, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Wennberg, Karl & Wiklund, Johan & Wright, Mike, 2011. "The effectiveness of university knowledge spillovers: Performance differences between university spinoffs and corporate spinoffs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1128-1143, October.
- A. Heirman & B.T Clarysse & V. Van Den Haute, 2003. "How and Why Do Firms Differ at Start-Up? A Resource-Based Configurational Perspective," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/198, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- G. Page West III & Charles E. Bamford & Jesse W. Marsden, 2008. "Contrasting Entrepreneurial Economic Developments in Less-Developed Latin American Markets: Applications and Extensions of Resource-Based Theory," Discussion Paper Series 2008-03, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte.
- Vohora, Ajay & Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy, 2004. "Critical junctures in the development of university high-tech spinout companies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 147-175, January.
- Richard J. Arend, 2008. "Differences in RBV strategic factors and the need to consider opposing factors in turnaround outcomes," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 337-355.
- Sonya Wen & Cheng-Min Chuang, 2010. "To teach or to compete? A strategic dilemma of knowledge owners in international alliances," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 697-726, December.
- Belso-Martinez, Jose A. & Molina-Morales, F. Xavier & Mas-Verdu, Francisco, 2013. "Combining effects of internal resources, entrepreneur characteristics and KIS on new firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2079-2089.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jomstd:v:38:y:2001:i:3:p:417-442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .