Dual Technological Development in Botswana Agriculture: A Stochastic Input Distance Function Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2002. "African Development Indicators 2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13922, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Kazal, Mohammad Mizanul Haque, 2015. "Whether crop diversification is energy efficient: An empirical analysis from Bangladesh," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 745-754.
- A. Wondemu Kifle, 2016. "Working Paper 237 - Decomposing Sources of Productivity Change in Small-Scale Farming in Ethiopia," Working Paper Series 2332, African Development Bank.
- Mekonnen, Dawit K. & Dorfman, Jeffrey H., 2017. "Synergy and Learning Effects of Informal Labor-Sharing Arrangements," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 1-14.
- Gbemay Singbo, Alphonse & Larue, Bruno, 2014. "Scale Economies and Technical Efficiency of Quebec Dairy Farms," Working Papers 182482, University of Laval, Center for Research on the Economics of the Environment, Agri-food, Transports and Energy (CREATE).
- Maria Martinez Cillero & Fiona Thorne & Michael Wallace & James Breen & Thia Hennessy, 2018. "The Effects of Direct Payments on Technical Efficiency of Irish Beef Farms: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(3), pages 669-687, September.
- Nitin Kumar & Rudra Sensarma, 2017.
"Efficiency of Microfinance Institutions in India: A Stochastic Distance Function Approach,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance,
Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 16(2), pages 151-168, August.
- Kumar, Nitin & Sensarma, Rudra, 2017. "Efficiency of Micro Finance Institutions in India: A Stochastic Distance Function Approach," MPRA Paper 81064, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Latruffe, Laure & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Moreira, Victor H. & Desjeux, Yann & Dupraz, Pierre, 2011. "Productivity and Subsidies in European Union Countries: An Analysis for Dairy Farms Using Input Distance Frontiers," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114396, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Temoso, Omphile & Villano, Renato & Hadley, David, 2016.
"Evaluating the productivity gap between commercial and traditional beef production systems in Botswana,"
Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 30-39.
- Temoso, Omphile & Hadley, David & Villano, Renato, 2016. "Evaluating the productivity gap between commercial and traditional beef production systems in Botswana," 2016 Conference (60th), February 2-5, 2016, Canberra, Australia 235522, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Sanzidur Rahman, 2010. "Women’s Labour Contribution to Productivity and Efficiency in Agriculture: Empirical Evidence From Bangladesh," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 318-342, June.
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Hatzenbuehler, Patrick L. & Edeh, Hyacinth, 2018. "Effects of agricultural mechanization on economies of scope in crop production in Nigeria," NSSP working papers 53, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Alphonse G. Singbo & Bruno Larue, 2014. "Scale Economies and Technical Efficiency of Quebec Dairy Farms," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2014-7, CREATE.
- Nguyen, Huy, 2014.
"Crop diversification, economic performance and household’s behaviours Evidence from Vietnam,"
59168, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Oct 2014.
- Nguyen, Huy, 2015. "Crop diversification, economic performance and household behaviour Evidence from Vietnam," 89th Annual Conference, April 13-15, 2015, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 204224, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Nguyen, Huy, 2014. "Crop diversification, economic performance and household’s behaviours Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 59090, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cillero, Maria Martinez & Breen, James & Thorne, Fiona & Wallace, Michael, 2017. "The effect of the implementation of the 2003 Mid-Term Review of the CAP on technical efficiency of beef production. A comparative analysis," 91st Annual Conference, April 24-26, 2017, Royal Dublin Society, Dublin, Ireland 258617, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sanzidur Rahman & Basanta Kumar Barmon, 2018. "Total Factor Energy Productivity and Efficiency Changes of the Gher (Prawn-Carp-Rice) Farming System in Bangladesh: A Stochastic Input Distance Function Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Mamardashvili, Phatima & Bokusheva, Raushan & Schmid, Dierk, 2014. "Heterogeneous Farm Output and Technical Efficiency Estimates," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 63(01), pages 1-15, March.
- Rahman, Sanzidur & Barmon, Basanta K., 2012. "Energy productivity and efficiency of the ‘gher’ (prawn-fish-rice) farming system in Bangladesh," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 293-300.
- Krishna Bahadur KC & Iftekharul Haque & Alexander F. Legwegoh & Evan D. G. Fraser, 2016. "Strategies to Reduce Food Loss in the Global South," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(7), pages 1-13, June.
- Bahta, Sirak & Malope, Patrick, 2014. "Measurement of competitiveness in smallholder livestock systems and emerging policy advocacy: An application to Botswana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P2), pages 408-417.
- Nguyen, Huy Quynh, 2017. "Analyzing the economies of crop diversification in rural Vietnam using an input distance function," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 148-156.
- Mbudzya, Joseph Jabu, 2017. "Effect Of Agricultural Land Rental Market Participation On Agricultural Income Of Small Scale Farmers In Kwale County, Kenya," Research Theses 276436, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Mamardashvili, Phatima & Bokusheva, Raushan & Schmid, Dierk, 2014. "Heterogeneous Farm Output and Technical Efficiency Estimates," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 63(1).
- Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Hatzenbuehler, Patrick L. & Edeh, Hyacinth O., 2020. "Effects of agricultural mechanization on economies of scope in crop production in Nigeria," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 177(C).
- Temoso, Omphile & Villano, Renato & Hadley, David, 2015. "Agricultural productivity, efficiency and growth in a semi-arid country: a case study of Botswana," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 10(3), pages 1-15, September.
- Bahta, Sirak & Baker, Derek, 2015. "Determinants of Profit Efficiency Among Smallholder Beef Producers in Botswana," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 18(3), pages 1-24, September.
- Saito, Yoko & Saito, Hisamitsu & Kondo, Takumi & Osanami, Fumio, 2009. "Quality-oriented technical change in Japanese wheat breeding," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 1365-1375, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:55:y:2004:i:3:p:455-478. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.