Technical Efficiency: A Comparison Of Production Frontier Methods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aly, Hassan Y. & Belbase, Krishna P. & Grabowski, Richard & Kraft, Steven E., 1987. "The Technical Efficiency Of Illinois Grain Farms: An Application Of A Ray-Homothetic Production Function," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(01), July.
- B. E. Bravo-Ureta & L. Rieger, 1990. "Alternative Production Frontier Methodologies And Dairy Farm Efficiency," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 215-226.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Philip J. Dawson & John Lingard & Christopher H. Woodford, 1991. "A Generalized Measure of Farm-Specific Technical Efficiency," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1098-1104.
- Neff, David L. & Garcia, Philip & Hornbaker, Robert H., 1991. "Efficiency Measures Using the Ray-Homothetic Function: A Multiperiod Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 113-122, December.
- Afriat, Sidney N, 1972. "Efficiency Estimation of Production Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 568-598, October.
- Aly, Hassan Y. & Belbase, Krishna & Grabowski, Richard & Kraft, Steven, 1987. "The Technical Efficiency of Illinois Grain Farms: An Application of a Ray-Homothetic Production Function," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 69-78, July.
- Grabowski, Richard, et al, 1990. "A Ray-Homothetic Production Frontier and Efficiency: Grain Farms in Southern Illinois," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 17(4), pages 435-448.
- Neff, David L. & Garcia, Philip & Hornbaker, Robert H., 1991. "Efficiency Measures Using The Ray-Homothetic Function: A Multiperiod Analysis," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 23(02), December.
- Byrnes, Patricia, et al, 1987. "Technical Efficiency and Size: The Case of Illinois Grain Farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 14(4), pages 367-381.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Osborne, Stefan & Trueblood, Michael A., 2001. "An Examination Of Economic Efficiency Of Russian Crop Output In The Reform Period," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20548, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Fousekis, Panos & Spathis, Pavlos & Tsimboukas, Konstantinos, 2001. "Assessing the Efficiency of Sheep Farming in Mountainous Areas of Greece. A Non Parametric Approach," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(2), August.
- Jennifer K. sesabo & Richard S.J. Tol, 2006. "Technical Efficiency and Small-scale Fishing Households in Tanzanian coastal Villages: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers FNU-95, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Jan 2006.
- Abdul Wadud, 2013. "Impact of Microcredit on Agricultural Farm Performance and Food Security in Bangladesh," Working Papers 14, Institute of Microfinance (InM).
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997.
"Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: An analysis based on farm size and ecological zone,"
Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 185-192, August.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997. "Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: an analysis based on farm size and ecological zone," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(3), August.
- repec:col:000385:015958 is not listed on IDEAS
- Álvaro Ramírez Suárez, 2013. "Análisis de eficiencia económica de fincas arroceras: una aplicación de una función determinística de ingresos brutos frontera," REVISTA LEBRET, UNIVERSIDAD SANTO TOMAS - BUCARAMANGA, vol. 5, pages 213-240, December.
- Tanira T. Kingi & Tom F. Kompas, 2005. "Communal Land Ownership and Agricultural Development: Overcoming Technical Efficiency Constraints Among Fiji’s Indigenous Sugercane Growers," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec05-11, International and Development Economics.
- Temesgen Tadesse Deressa, 2011. "Effects of climatic conditions and agro-ecological settings on the productive efficiencies of small-holder farmers in Ethopia," Working Papers 223, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fertő, Imre, 2002.
"A mezőgazdasági termelés szerkezetének változásai a fejlett országokban, II. Az üzemnagyság és a mérethozadék problémája a mezőgazdaságban
[Changes in the structure of agricultural production in th," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 760-773.
- Gelaw, Fekadu, 2013. "Inefficiency and Incapability Gaps as Causes of Poverty: A Poverty Line-Augmented Efficiency Analysis Using Stochastic Distance Function," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2), August.
- Fraser, Iain & Hone, Phillip, 2001. "Farm-level efficiency and productivity measurement using panel data: wool production in south-west Victoria," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 45(2), June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:44:y:1993:i:3:p:479-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.