How Many More Cites Is A $3,000 Open Access Fee Buying You? Empirical Evidence From A Natural Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 1999.
"Distribution-free estimation of some nonlinear panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 77-97, May.
- Wooldridge, J.M., 1990. "Distribution-Free Estimation Of Some Nonlinear Panel Data Models," Working papers 564, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2010.
"The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 222-255, May.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2007. "The pricing of academic journals: A two-sided market perspective," Economics Working Papers 1025, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 2009.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," IDEI Working Papers 458, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jeon, Doh-Shin & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 2009. "The Pricing of Academic Journals: A Two-Sided Market Perspective," TSE Working Papers 09-098, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Ramello, Giovanni B., 2010. "Copyright and endogenous market structure: a glimpse from the journal-publishing market," POLIS Working Papers 146, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Theodore C. Bergstrom, 2001.
"Free Labour for Costly Journals?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 183-198, Fall.
- Ted Bergstrom, 2001. "Free Labor for Costly Journals?," Microeconomics 0106002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bergstrom, Ted, 2001. "Free Labor for Costly Journals?," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt5jc0893p, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Domenico Menicucci, 2006.
"Bundling Electronic Journals and Competition among Publishers,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 4(5), pages 1038-1083, September.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Domenico Menicucci, 2003. "Bundling electronic journals and competition among publishers," Economics Working Papers 678, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Aug 2005.
- Doh-Shin Jeon & Domenico Menicucci, 2005. "Bundling Electronic Journals and Competition among Publishers," Working Papers 270, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- domenico menicucci & doh-shin jeon, 2004. "bundling electronic journals and competition among publishers," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 720, Econometric Society.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- Mark J. McCabe & Christopher M. Snyder, 2015.
"Does Online Availability Increase Citations? Theory and Evidence from a Panel of Economics and Business Journals,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 97(1), pages 144-165, March.
- Mark Mccabe & Christopher Snyder, 2015. "Does Online Availability Increase Citations? Theory and Evidence from a Panel of Economics and Business Journals," Post-Print halshs-01948311, HAL.
- Gans, Joshua S. & Murray, Fiona E. & Stern, Scott, 2017.
"Contracting over the disclosure of scientific knowledge: Intellectual property and academic publication,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 820-835.
- Joshua S. Gans & Fiona E. Murray & Scott Stern, 2013. "Contracting Over the Disclosure of Scientific Knowledge: Intellectual Property and Academic Publication," NBER Working Papers 19560, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fiona Murray & Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Julian Kolev & Scott Stern, 2016.
"Of Mice and Academics: Examining the Effect of Openness on Innovation,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 212-252, February.
- Fiona Murray & Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Julian Kolev & Scott Stern, 2009. "Of Mice and Academics: Examining the Effect of Openness on Innovation," NBER Working Papers 14819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Julian Kolev & Fiona Murray & Scott Stern, 2016. "Of Mice and Academics: Examining the Effect of Openness on Innovation," Post-Print halshs-01496928, HAL.
- Fiona Murray & Philippe Aghion & Mathias Dewatripont & Julian Kolev & Scott Stern, 2016. "Of mice and academics: Examining the effect of openness on innovation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/231246, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Stern, Scott & Kolev, Julian & Dewatripont, Mathias & Aghion, Philippe & Murray, Fiona, 2009. "Of Mice and Academics: Examining the Effect of Openness on Innovation," Scholarly Articles 4554220, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2011. "poisson: Some convergence issues," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 11(2), pages 215-225, June.
- Gaulé, Patrick & Maystre, Nicolas, 2011.
"Getting cited: Does open access help?,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1332-1338.
- Patrick Gaulé & Nicolas Maystre, 2008. "Getting cited: does open access help?," CEMI Working Papers cemi-workingpaper-2008-00, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Collège du Management de la Technologie, Management of Technology and Entrepreneurship Institute, Chaire en Economie et Management de l'Innovation.
- Philip M. Davis, 2009. "Author‐choice open‐access publishing in the biological and medical literature: A citation analysis," Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 60(1), pages 3-8, January.
- repec:cdl:ucsbec:16-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Müller-Langer, Frank & Watt, Richard, 2010. "Copyright and Open Access for Academic Works," MPRA Paper 24095, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gunther Eysenbach, 2006. "Citation Advantage of Open Access Articles," Working Papers id:626, eSocialSciences.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2010. "On the existence of the maximum likelihood estimates in Poisson regression," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 310-312, May.
- Sorenson, Olav & Fleming, Lee, 2004. "Science and the diffusion of knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1615-1634, December.
- McCabe Mark J & Snyder Christopher M., 2007. "Academic Journal Prices in a Digital Age: A Two-Sided Market Model," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-39, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frank Mueller-Langer & Marc Scheufen & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2018. "Does Online Access Promote Research in Developing Countries? Empirical Evidence from Article-Level Data," JRC Working Papers on Digital Economy 2018-05, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Mueller-Langer, Frank & Scheufen, Marc & Waelbroeck, Patrick, 2020. "Does online access promote research in developing countries? Empirical evidence from article-level data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(2).
More about this item
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecinqu:v:56:y:2018:i:2:p:931-954. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.