Information Efficiency in Betting Markets: A Survey
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Clotfelter, Charles T & Cook, Philip J, 1991. "Lotteries in the Real World," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 227-232, July.
- Ron Bird & Michael Mccrae, 2008.
"Tests Of The Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Using Bookmaker Odds,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Markets, chapter 59, pages 593-603
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ron Bird & Michael McCrae, 1987. "Tests of the Efficiency of Racetrack Betting Using Bookmaker Odds," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(12), pages 1552-1562, December.
- Ruth N. Bolton & Randall G. Chapman, 2008.
"Searching For Positive Returns At The Track: A Multinomial Logit Model For Handicapping Horse Races,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Markets, chapter 17, pages 151-171
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ruth N. Bolton & Randall G. Chapman, 1986. "Searching for Positive Returns at the Track: A Multinomial Logit Model for Handicapping Horse Races," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(8), pages 1040-1060, August.
- Asch, Peter & Quandt, Richard E., 1988. "Betting bias in 'exotic' bets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 215-219.
- Bird, Ron & McCrae, Michael & Beggs, John J, 1987. "Are Gamblers Really Risk Takers?," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 237-253, December.
- Dowie, Jack A, 1976. "On the Efficiency and Equity of Betting Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 43(17), pages 139-150, May.
- Crafts, Nicholas F R, 1985. "Some Evidence of Insider Knowledge in Horse Race Betting in Britain," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(27), pages 295-304, August.
- De Bondt, Werner F M & Thaler, Richard, 1985. " Does the Stock Market Overreact?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 793-805, July.
- Asch, P. & Quandt, R.E., 1988. "Betting Bias In Exotic Bets," Papers 90, Princeton, Department of Economics - Financial Research Center.
- R. Bird & M. McCrae, 2008. "The Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Markets: Australian Evidence," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Markets, chapter 57, pages 575-582 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Busche, Kelly & Hall, Christopher D, 1988. "An Exception to the Risk Preference Anomaly," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(3), pages 337-346, July.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1991. " Efficient Capital Markets: II," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1575-1617, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:buecrs:v:51:y:1999:i:1:p:1-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0307-3378 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.