New Public Management: The Cruellest Invention of the Human Spirit?-super-1
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Scheytt & Kim Soin & Kerstin Sahlin-Andersson & Michael Power, 2006. "Introduction: Organizations, Risk and Regulation," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(6), pages 1331-1337, September.
- Jane Broadbent & James Guthrie, 2008. "Public sector to public services: 20 years of “contextual” accounting research," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(2), pages 129-169, February.
- Gendron, Yves & Cooper, David J. & Townley, Barbara, 2007. "The construction of auditing expertise in measuring government performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-2), pages 101-129.
- Michela Arnaboldi & Irvine Lapsley, 2008. "Making Management Auditable: The Implementation of Best Value in Local Government," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 44(1), pages 22-47.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allan Barton, 2009. "The Use and Abuse of Accounting in the Public Sector Financial Management Reform Program in Australia," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(2), pages 221-248.
- Palermo, Tommaso, 2014. "Accountability and expertise in public sector risk management: a case study," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59948, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- B. Buylen & J. Christiaens, 2012. "Why do some party leaders in Flemish municipal councils get more acquainted with New Public Management principles than others ? An investigation into the impact of their individual characteristics," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/821, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Irvine Lapsley & Filippo Giordano, 2010. "Congestion charging: a tale of two cities," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(5), pages 671-698, June.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:19:y:2016:i:2:p:216-226 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anne Riviere & Marie Boitier, 2011. "Liberté et responsabilité des universités : Comment le contrôle de gestion participe à la construction d'un système de pilotage de la performance ?," Post-Print hal-00650567, HAL.
- B. Buylen & J. Christiaens, 2013. "Politics by numbers? An exploration of councillors’ apparent use of financial information during the budget discussion in Flemish municipal councils," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 13/841, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Karen Benson & Peter M Clarkson & Tom Smith & Irene Tutticci, 2015. "A review of accounting research in the Asia Pacific region," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(1), pages 36-88, February.
- Penno, Erin & Gauld, Robin, 2017. "The role, costs and value for money of external consultancies in the health sector: A study of New Zealand’s District Health Boards," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(4), pages 458-467.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0007-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Jerry Spiegel & Milagros Alegret & Veronic Clair & Nino Pagliccia & Barbara Martinez & Mariano Bonet & Annalee Yassi, 2012. "Intersectoral action for health at a municipal level in Cuba," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 57(1), pages 15-23, February.
- Martin Anne, 2015. "Outils De Gestion Et Services Publics : Le Cas De La Comptabilite Analytique A L'Universite," Post-Print hal-01188793, HAL.
- Elvira Periac & Sébastien Gand & Jean-Claude Sardas, 2014. "Government revival and public sector employees' agency," Working Papers hal-00969332, HAL.
- Marie Boitier & Stéphanie Chatelain-Ponroy & Anne Riviere & Stéphanie Mignot-Gérard & Christine Musselin & Samuel Sponem, 2015. "Le Nouveau Management Public dans les universités françaises, un puzzle doctrinal encore mal articulé en pratiques ?," Post-Print hal-01188862, HAL.
- Peter Birch Sørensen, 2015. "Reforming Public Service Provision: What have we learned?," EPRU Working Paper Series 2015-01, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Nathalie Angele-Halgand & Thierry Garrot, 2013. "Réconcilier performance et valeurs à l'hôpital: une approche par les biens communs," Working Papers hal-00829936, HAL.
- Stuart Cooper & Graham Pearce, 2011. "Climate change performance measurement, control and accountability in English local authority areas," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 24(8), pages 1097-1118, October.
- Dominique Bessire & Pascal Fabre, 2011. "Enjeux et limites du pilotage par les indicateurs en management public, l'exemple de la recherche en sciences de gestion," Post-Print hal-00646755, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:abacus:v:45:y:2009:i:1:p:1-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0001-3072 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.