A Dynamic Model of Investment in the U.S. Beef-Cattle Industry
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Horan & Christopher Wolf & Eli Fenichel & Kenneth Mathews, 2008. "Joint Management of Wildlife and Livestock Disease," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 47-70, September.
- Matthew T. Holt & Andrew M. McKenzie, 2003. "Quasi-rational and ex ante price expectations in commodity supply models: an empirical analysis of the US broiler market," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 407-426.
- Aadland, David, 2004.
"Cattle cycles, heterogeneous expectations and the age distribution of capital,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 1977-2002, September.
- David Aadland, 2001. "Cattle Cycles, Heterogeneous Expectations and the Age Distribution of Capital," Working Papers 2002-02, Utah State University, Department of Economics.
- David Aadland, 2002. "Cattle Cycles, Heterogeneous Expectations and the Age Distribution of Capital," Others 0211002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhao, Huan, 2011. "Four Market Studies for the Beef and Electric Power Industries," ISU General Staff Papers 201101010800001360, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Marsh, John M., 2001. "U.S. Feeder Cattle Prices: Effects Of Finance And Risk, Cow-Calf And Feedlot Technologies, And Mexican Feeder Imports," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 1-15, December.
- Foster, Kenneth A. & Mwanaumo, Anthony, 1995. "Estimation of dynamic maize supply response in Zambia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 99-107, April.
- Mathews, Kenneth H., Jr. & Short, Sara D., 2001. "The Beef Cow Replacement Decision," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 19(2), pages 1-21.
- Dorfman, Jeffrey H. & Park, Myung D., 2009. "Looking for Cattle and Hog Cycles through a Bayesian Window," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49278, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chitose, Atsushi & Weaver, Robert D., 2007. "Dynamics of Slaughter Weight Response to Market Price Changes for Japanese Beef Cattle," Japanese Journal of Rural Economics, Agricultural Economics Society of Japan (AESJ), vol. 9, pages 1-14.
- Neibergs, J. Shannon & Thalheimer, Richard, 1997. "Price Expectations And Supply Response In The Thoroughbred Yearling Market," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(2), pages 1-17, December.
- Aadland, David, 2002. "Cattle Cycles, Expectations And The Age Distribution Of Capital," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19795, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 2000. "On information and market dynamics: The case of the U.S. beef market," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(5-7), pages 833-853, June.
- Ralph Bierlen & Bruce Dixon & Bruce Ahrendsen, 2001. "Cattle cycles: is there a role for a financial accelerator?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 559-568.
- Rosen, Sherwin & Murphy, Kevin M & Scheinkman, Jose A, 1994.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 468-492, June.
- Rosen, S. & Murphy, K.M. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1993. "Cattle Cycles," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 93-2, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Sherwin Rosen & Kevin M. Murphy & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1993. "Cattle Cycles," NBER Working Papers 4403, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 1999. "On The Economic Rationality Of Market Participants: The Case Of Expectations In The U.S. Pork Market," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 1-19, July.
- Benjamin, Catherine & Piot-Lepetit, Isabelle, 2002. "Measuring the Effects of Alternative Support Policy Instruments on Beef Supply," 2002 International Congress, August 28-31, 2002, Zaragoza, Spain 24781, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Benjamin, Catherine & Piot-Lepetit, Isabelle, 2001. "Modelling Dynamic Beef Supply Response Using A Microeconomic Approach: An Application To The French Cattle Sector," 2001: International Trade in Livestock Products Symposium, January 2001, Auckland, New Zealand 14541, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:10:y:1992:i:4:p:419-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.