Investor Relations On The Internet: Analysis Of Companies On The Serbian Stock Market
Stockholders and other interested parties used to exchange information in writing by means of physical submission, while today with just a click on any known company’s Internet page it is possible to acquire both the information needed and its financial situation. The aim of this work is to indicate the lack of corporate culture and investor communication on the Serbian stock market by analysing investor relations via the e-communication tools of some of the best Serbian companies. This study investigates investor relations on the Internet of companies listed on the Belgrade Stock Exchange (BELEX 15 and BELEX LINE). For this purpose, the websites of the 20 largest listed companies of the Republic of Serbia were screened for investor relations items. Results obtained by using a three-stage model show that most companies in Serbia are at the second stage of internet investor relations, i.e., where information available through other sources is combined to better inform investors. In the third stage companies use the full interactive possibilities of the Internet for investor relations purposes. The author also stresses that the quality of investor relations must be a part of every company’s strategic vision.
Volume (Year): 57 (2012)
Issue (Month): 193 (April- June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: KAMENICKA 6 - 11000 BEOGRAD|
Phone: (381 11) 302122
Fax: (381 11) 639 560
Web page: http://www.ekof.bg.ac.rs/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://ea.ekof.bg.ac.rs/ Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marie Chavent & Yuan Ding & L. Fu & Hervé Stolowy & H. Wang, 2006.
"Disclosure and Determinants Studies: An Extension Using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV),"
- Marie Chavent & Yuan Ding & Linghui Fu & Herve Stolowy & Huiwen Wang, 2006. "Disclosure and determinants studies: An extension using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV)," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 181-218.
- Hervé Stolowy & Yuan Ding & M. Chavent & L. Fu & H. Wang, 2006. "Disclosure and Determinants Studies: An Extension Using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV)," Post-Print halshs-00119585, HAL.
- DING, Yuan & STOLOWY, Hervé & FU, Linghui & WANG, Huiwen, 2004. "Disclosure and determinants studies : an extension using the divisive clustering method (DIV)," Les Cahiers de Recherche 798, HEC Paris.
- Yuan Ding & Hervé Stolowy & Linghui Fu & Huiwen Wang, 2004. "Disclosure and determinants studies: An extension using the divisive clustering method (DIV)," Working Papers hal-00587233, HAL.
- Debreceny, Roger & Gray, Glen L. & Rahman, Asheq, 2002. "The determinants of Internet financial reporting," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4-5), pages 371-394.
- Hayagreeva Rao & Kumar Sivakumar, 1999. "Institutional Sources of Boundary-Spanning Structures: The Establishment of Investor Relations Departments in the Fortune 500 Industrials," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(1), pages 27-42, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:beo:journl:v:57:y:2012:i:193:p:113-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Goran Petrić)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.